MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Some Days are Diamonds......

Some days are definitely "Diamonds" and today was one of those days for me. I had the great pleasure of spending the day with some very lovely blogging friends. We had talked about it 12 months ago and it seemed to take so long to eventuate and then here we are.To meet them in person and discover they were just as wonderful as they appear on their blogs was a joy. I was very humbled that they all travelled to Warburton to meet up with me and a couple of the girls came quite a distance and at such a marvellous place too. "The Patchwork Teahouse" is an absolute delight.
And inside beautiful fabrics AND beautiful food. What more could you ask for. Marilyn the lovely owner was a delightful hostess and did the usual blogging ritual of lots of photos with lots of cameras for us. As I have been very good this trip I felt I was due for a little retail therapy so I gave into it wholeheartedly. Some beautiful fabric (new Tilda range), braid and a little tin (you know how I love a nice tin) to remember this special day. Not that I will forget the yummies in this shop for quite awhile.
My Purchases......
I was also very spoilt by Christine who had made me a gorgeous felt rose brooch. It is so beautifully and delicately stitched and lovely Rosalie who gave me the sweetest notebook and pen with such a lovely saying on the front.....Thank you so much. Look aren't they lovely. I also have a beautiful early birthday gift from Melody to open on the day....only gentle squishing allowed so I shall show a photo on the day giftie intact!
Now of course the most special and important part of the day was spending time with these gorgeous ladies.
Front Row from left to right Liz (elliek) Melody (house on the side of the hill) Bronwyn (korumburra quilting)
Christine (macdonald's patch)
Back Row Rosalie (briar rose) Herself, Marina (maisie and the boys) Tracey (mistea crafts) Sorry girls I couldn't add your links as I realised I left my mouse at home (oops!) :(
Christine and I had a special piccie taken as she came all that way and then and to dash off to a family wedding. Christine has not long ago done the trip we are doing in a similiar camper to ours and has been giving us encouragement and hints and sharing along the way which has been so great. Hope you had a great time at the wedding!!
I would also like to say a huge thank you to my gorgeous friend Melody (who I feel like I have known forever) for organizing this get together for me. You are an amazing woman. I appreciated it so much and I had the most fantastic day meeting you all in real time and getting all those great hugs too. Another reason to love Victoria.
Now the other half of this "travelling dynamic duo" also had a diamond studded day thanks to Melody's very generous son Sam a fellow steam train enthusiast. Gary has been over, under and on Puffing Billy, took great photos and video from special vantage points and all in all had a ball. Thank you Sam for your generosity in giving up your day to make a certain old chappy very happy. We can see generosity runs in the family.

Well after tearing apart the campervan when I got home because I was sure I had put in my sketch book (wrong!!) I commandeered a piece of trip paperwork as I came home very inspired after buying that gorgeous fabric and had a little birdie whispering in my ear...."draw me! draw me!" So that's just what I did and I must say she is very cute. So when I find my black pen and finish her off I shall give you a peek.
Once again thanks Girls for a wonderful, laughter filled day. I shall always treasure it.
Bless you all,
Michelle xxx

19 comments:

  1. It looks like a perfect day all round. Isn't it a fantastic feeling to meet blog friends in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to meet everyone.... I can imagine all the noise and laughing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special day girls one to remember for a long time.Thanks Mel for giving Michelle a hug from me.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have meet all those lovely bloggy friends. A special day for your to treasure and your DH had a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to meet so many of your blogging friends , it truly looked like you all had a great time . Some very nice fabrics you purchased too :-)hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fabulous day Michelle. Wonderful memories. Great day for hubby too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so lovely to meet up with you Michelle! I think I have filled my happiness tank to the brim after spending the day with all of you. thankyou again for the lovely gifties you gave us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had the most wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Great Get-Together and in a Gorgeous Place...right up your alley..lol
    Lovely Piccie so Glad you got the chance to meet the Girl's I know you were looking forward to that..
    Can't Believe how much you are putting into your Trip...
    A M A Z i N G...
    Take Care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day and a great location!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a fabulous day, Michelle, how great of Melody to do all the organizing, and her son to take your hubby around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was the most wonderful day,thank you again for my wonderful present, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made our day a very special one Michelle, a day we won't forget, I'm sure we all felt as though we had known each other for years. Great venue, delicious food and the BEST company. Thank you all Rosalie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just loved reading this... I knew you would have an amazing day. So glad you got to meet all the girls and it looks like you had a lovely day. The shop looks wonderful too. I think you did very well with your purchases. I was thinking of you all yesterday.. I'm sure I could hear the laughs and the talking...all the way up here. And what a brilliant idea for your husband thanks to Sam! Just made me smile reading this post. Have a safe trip Michelle... looking forward to seeing you when you get back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had the best day. So lovely to meet you and a couple of others that I had never met. Good company, good food and patchwork... what more could we want.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was so lovely to finally meet you in person Michelle. Thank you again for the gorgeous gift you made. Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a wonderful day together, I have been reading similar stories on the other blogs. The presents you made were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Michelle for including us on your tour and the special gifts.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Michelle , what wonderful special memories you will have of this trip. I was thinking of you all on Saturday, talking and enjoying each others company. Love your purchases. Lucky hubby, that was a wonderful surprise for him as well. Cheers and looking forward to the next instalment of the trip. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.