MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, July 30, 2012

Another Year to Celebrate

Well today I have earned another page in the "becoming a wise old woman" book and I feel very blessed to be able to  celebrate another year. Before I left home on our trip  my gorgeous friend Helen gave me a lovely birthday gift beautifully wrapped with strict instructions not to open it until the day......I was a very good girl and only had the odd squeeze or two. When I met my gorgeous  blogging friend Melody in Victoria recently she also had a birthday gift beautifully wrapped and with the same strict instructions for me.
Helen knows I am a lover of dragonflies and I can quite often be seen wearing one on a chain around my neck. So inside my special well travelled gift was a beautiful quotes book about "Memories", sweet dragonfly earrings, a gorgeous silk scarf and beautiful lavender and neem soap. All capped off by a lovely message in a dragonfly card. Thank you so much my lovely friend for thinking of me I have missed you and look forward to catching up soon.
Inside Melody's lovely parcel was a bundle of gorgeousness too. A stunning vintage style book case with the sweetest bird on the front and inside more lovely birdie things....a beautiful original artwork on fabric by Michelle L. Palmer of a dear baby bird along with some pearl buttons, fairy wren tissues, notebook designed by Marg Low and two very yummy fat quarters "Papillon" by 3 sisters for Moda. Soooo pretty!! A gorgeous card accompanied it all with a special doggy smile to make my day.
Thank you Melody for also thinking of me, my special parcel made my heart sing this morning.
and inside....
I wasn't forgotten by hubby either and his gift was a beautiful art book of Hans Heysen work which is really special as he bought it at "The Cedars" when we visited there recently. It is so nice to have seen the originals of a lot of the works in the book. It is such a special memento to have of a wonderful day.
I also got my wish for my birthday to be near the ocean and it was wonderful to wiggle my toes in the sand.
We have the best of both worlds as our campsite is beside the river.......next to the ocean.
The ocean is just beyond the vegetation opposite and only a short stroll across a little foot bridge to reach it.
I love this spot and just had to take a photo from the rocks at the bar up river with the sun shining across the river.
Being beside the ocean is something I really love and I can sit and watch the ocean for hours and after a lovely walk along the beach that is just what I did. Look a bit windblown there. LOL!
Lastly just because it is my Birthday and I love native blossoms. I came across these beauties on my walk.

I shall leave you with a quote from my new birthday book.
"Back on it's golden hinges the gate of Memory swings,
and my heart goes into the garden and walks with the olden things" -Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
Blessings Michelle xxx

25 comments:

  1. Birthday wishes Michelle - you certainly were spoilt, and hope you've had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Michelle. I'm so glad you received such beautiful presents as well as be in the most beautiful spot... wiggling your toes in the sand. I look forward to seeing you when you get home xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Michelle, Happy Birthday to you!

    Looks like you're having an amazing celebration - love your pics and gorgeous gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HappY BirThDaY to You!!!! thank you for sharing your day and your gorgeous pressie!!! enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like everything went right for a lovely day.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Michelle. How lovely to have pressies to open whilst 'on the road'. Looks like your day was a goodie and so relaxing.
    Re your last post; my aunt lived in Grafton for 20 years and I never got to visit. I wish I had now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Michelle - after so long in the bush I would be desperate to see the ocean - love the surf!! Would that be because I grew up in a beachside suburb??

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday my dear Michelle and what gorgeous pressies you got,enjoy your day surrounded by love and the ocean.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Michelle! I have been thoroughly enjoying your trip via your blog posts. It has been wonderful to see a part of your country through your eyes. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Michelle, what a lovely spot to have your birthday. Enjoy! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthdy Michelle.
    Pleased you had a lovely day.
    Nice pics of the river, ocean and native flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Michelle! Such lovely gifts for a special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday special friend... sounds like just a perfect day there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday hugs!
    beautiful gifts and you were so good to wait all that time. Lovely photos-the best of both worlds, river and ocean.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful spot to celebrate your birthday. Hope this year is your best one ever. Sending big birthday hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like you had a wonderful day. My belated birthday wishes for a wonderful year to follow. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to you Michelle - some gorgeous goodies there for you to enjoy, thoughtful gifts from friends. Lovely pics too... xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. G'day Michelle. Happy Birthday Michelle. I hope you had the most wonderful day. The pressies you received are gorgeous. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Michelle, you certainly were very spoilt with such beautiful gifts.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great birthday and some lovely gifts too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday Michelle, so glad you were able to spend the day by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Michelle , sorry I am late , computer problems but I sure hope your day was special and welcome home , I have certainly enjoyed your journey .
    Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im late to your party but that doesn't make my wishes less sincere. Happy Birthday Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday, Melissa. You have travelled a long way in the your holidays-- and I agree with you-- ie there is no place like HOME.

    By the way, Congratulations on having your design in the Australian Homespun magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a little late, just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Michelle. Hope you had an awesome day, what a wonderful adventure you have had. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.