MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, July 20, 2012

Beautiful Yarra Ranges

Just a couple of pics today. We took a drive through the beautiful Yarra Ranges and I got to admire those majestic Mountain Ash Trees that seem to reach the sky and today they were definitely had clouds and mist touching them.
This is a little lookout which I am sorry I lost the note I wrote it's name on but it is the catchment for Melbourne's water supply.
Artistic attempt at photography gone awry....but I love it anyway. There aren't any spots where you can stop to take a photo so it had to be from the car.
As we went further up the Ranges through Marysville it was very obvious where the terrible bush fires had been and how Mother Nature has tried to regenerate the forest. Some however stand like ghostly reminders on the mountain top and today looked stark but beautiful shrouded in mist. This drive was not for you if you don't like twisting and turning roads. It is such a beautiful place.
We finished up having a quick look at Badger's Weir but had to cut it short as the park was closing but we are hoping to go back and do the walk there before we go. I couldn't resist taking these photos.
The water looked so crystal clear.
What did I say about a couple of pics.....can't help myself!!
I am very excited as tomorrow I get to meet up with some of  my lovely blogging friends. Woo Hoo!!
Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Those tall, tall trees are magnificent. Have a wonderful time with your blog buddies tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such gorgeous pics Michelle especially those of the eerie trees,oh have fun tomorrow,and take lots of pics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place looks just magical. Enjoy your meeting with your friends, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great get together. Sorry I haven't visited you lately, hubby is sick and now he's given it back to me!
    Say HI to everyone at the morning tea too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos... I love the artistic one too. Something about mists and tall trees and our beautiful rain forests... just lovely. Enjoy catching up with your blog buddies today... Wish I was there!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your artistic photography! and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Enjoy your time at the Patchwork Teahouse xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.