MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, October 17, 2016

Exploring Part Two

I love a rocky coastline....very dramatic. Throw in a lighthouse and I am there. So when it was mentioned that Cape Liptrap Lighthouse was a drive away...couldn't wait! We stopped in at Venus Bay first.

As you can see t'was a wee bit blowy lol!
To get to the lighthouse we had to travel a dirt road....
Lots of sheep along the way....these woolies needed their woolies, it was freezing!
Along the track we came across a busy little Echidna having a very anty lunch!
We played a game of "if I can't see you, then you can't see me"
But then I got the once over well and truly....amazing!

I have never seen one in the wild so I was just a little chuffed.....but it was my lucky day because when we got out to the lighthouse there was another one all curled up in a little niche under some shubbery!
Finally saw the lighthouse....

Fantastic views even if we nearly got blown across Bass Straight...


Plus it was absolutely freezing!
Found this little beauty right next to where we parked the car....
Off for a warm cuppa....
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. The echidnas look so cute. How lucky you were to see 2 of them & the scenery is again fabulous. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful part of the country Michelle even if it's a little blowy and cool at the moment lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those echidnas so cute. We were lucky enough to have one in our back yard for the night years ago. I sat outside freezing for many hours just watching. He just wanted a drink and a rest. It was fascinating..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my lovely friend ,love your pics and what an amazingly beautiful place,lots to see the views are awesome and how cute is your little echidnas,safe travels my friend,can Gary smell all those petrol fumes yet,lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Michelle
    What a lovely few, i like the Ocean when the wind blow,
    Thank you for this Photos
    This is a hedgehog, I've used an hedgehog station had ,to help little hedgehog babies
    Love regards Marika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous travel stories and photos Michelle. Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.. and what fun with the little echidna...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.