MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Lovely Catchup Along the Way

Today I caught up with blogging friend Illene from Ret Dairy Queen on our way to Wilson's Promitory. Illlene and I have been blogging friends for a long time and only met in person for the first time at LGS in Brisbane. We had a delicious morning tea,  lovely chat and I  got to see in real time Illene's version of my Calendar Bears quilt.
It was so pretty. Illene has used different background fabrics for each block and it looks just great.....love a scrappy quilt don't you?
Thanks Illene for your warm hospitality. It was a real treat to spend time with you.
I thought I  would spare you some holiday pics until next post and there are MANY!
I have done only a small amount of stitching......working away still on my Country Alphabet......"R" in the hoop.
A little prelim drawing has been happening too.....these little fairy wrens torment me endlessly. .....never keeping still long enough for a photo. I managed a couple walking around Dubbo zoo....hopefully they will be ok. Meanwhile I am using talented local bird photographer Kev Webbs wonderful piccie (with permission ) as a reference.
Still trying to get all the proportions correct but nice to have one on the go.
 See you next time with a two parter again I think. I am becoming like a touristy crusader.....can't stop taking photos of these gorgeous places and you folks bare the brunt of them all lol!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous to catch up with Illene. Glad you are enjoying our beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have time with bloggy friends, Michelle... I don't mind your pictures & drawings, in face I love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to catch up with Illene. Looks like you are having a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning my lovely friend,so glad you and Illene got a chance to catch up,Illene calendar bear quilt is so cute,well doen Illene.
    Oh my how cute is your little wren,i look forward to seeing your progress with him,safe travelling my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely to spend some time with Illene and see her lovely quilt... Great to see a little wren on the drawing board...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to visit with Illene, her quilt is beautiful. Great photo of you both. Loving the wren!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.