MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Charlotte's Rose

Just a quick little post to show you the drawing I finished whilst taking some quiet time. This rose was gifted to my Son and Daughter-in-law by a family member to celebrate my eldest Granddaughters birth. It just blooms it's little leaves off and when my son sent me a photo I knew I really wanted to draw it.
I did have a little trouble trying to get the colour right with my pencils but had to settle for this in the end.
This is the drawing and photo side by side.
So it's not too bad. Even though it was challenging I really enjoyed it. The best bit is that my Son and DIL love it. I am so blessed to have children that are so supportive of what their crazy Mother does!
My next project is a bit different from what I usually do and I am just trying to work out some composition for it.
I think a bit of stitching is in order while I have a little think.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, your rose is just gorgeous. Very talented lady. Congrats. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michelle this is amazing my friend ,you are so clever,I love seeing your beautiful drawings,oh your journal and heart are beautiful,I hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rose drawing... well done you.... stitching is good for sitting and thinking...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful talent.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very talented! The rose is beautiful, and I know your stitching will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Michelle,
    beautiful drawing, the rose looks to pretty and so does the little needlebook and scissor pouch.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rose is so pretty. LOve your sewing projects. Hmmm, what do you have up your sleeve sneaky gal you! Question..what pencils do you recommend? Easy to blend etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rose Michelle...both the photo and your drawing. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the roses, both of them! Splendid work xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Michelle. You really can't beat a pink rose for beauty, and you have captured it wonderfully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty pink rose you drew Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very talented! The rose drawing is beautiful and looks just like the real one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful rose - both the drawing and the real one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Michelle,

    What a special drawing, all the best to you and your family for 2016. May it be full of happiness and love and lots of stitching.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.