MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody

I am posting early for Tuesdays Treasures with MELODY as I won't have access to the 'puter until quite late in the day as Hubby is working from home :)
My 'treasure' that I would like to share is my love of little houses and I have several little collections of them. Some were gifts, some I even won in a competition. Among my favourites are the ones I painted from designer Kerry English. A friend sent away to her for the cut outs and I painted them. They were a project in one of the magazines....sorry can't remember when and where. I love this little set. They represent all the things I love.....teacups in Rose tea rooms, a book shop, bake shop, florist, quilt shop and antique store. The only think missing is a yoga studio lol. So thank you Kerry for your gorgeous designs. I also have a collection of David Winters Christmas House ornaments that my friend Ann and I collect together. Sorry no piccies as they are packed away.



Thank you Melody for allowing us to share our treasures. Why don't you pop over for a visit.
Recently I have been trying to make my sewing room a bit more organised and having a little clean out and I am ashamed to say I found an assembled quilt, completely hand quilted except for the last 3 blocks. I had forgotten I had even started it. It is such a beautiful design by Rosalie Quinlan and I remember choosing some Northcott Quest for a Cure fabric and stitching it in the "Chicks in Pink" hot pink. I loved stitching it and cannot believe I forgot I had it. Soooooo! I am setting my self a little task of finishing it when the cooler weather comes.
I tell you I don't need that show "Believe it or Not" I just need to look inside my head. I might also add that I have since demolished my clean and tidy sewing room looking for some fabrics for some new projects. (sigh)
Lastly but certainly not least I am very excited to have 100 LOVELY FOLLOWERS *******
So thank you all you wonderful people who have chosen to follow my blog and let me know you think I have something of interest to offer. I appreciate you all.
"It's the people who live within the walls of a house that make it a home"
Blessings Michelle xx

17 comments:

  1. what beautiful little houses.
    Your new found project looks gorgeous. Can't wait till you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little houses Michelle. I have painted a few little wooden houses too and they are very similar to yours. I also bought a little set of houses when I was in Paris and I just LOVE them! You have inspired me to get them out and have a good look at them again.. Yours are just beautiful..... and THAT quilt... OMG you have to finish it.. it looks amazing. What a nice UFO find!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those patterns in a bag along with the fabric I bought for the quilt top. I will have to get it out one of these days but have a few UFO's to finish first. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those houses Michelle,they are so cute and beautiful quilt,cant wait to see it finished.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little houses.... and what a beautiful quilt to finish....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - how I love those houses - I still have the pages from some magazine with pictures of houses by her. I cannot paint, so I will never get to them but mayeb one day I will see some and be abl;e to get them. (Drool drool)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little houses are just gorgeous!!! Treasure indeed, hon! Your quilt is going to be beautiful, with only 3 blocks to go you should be finished in no time. Relatively speaking, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collection of houses , just adorable and the quilt is simply awesome , so glad you are going to finish it soon.hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a house collection too Michelle! It’s packed away from prying little hands at the moment.
    Your collection is adorable! I love those little shops.

    Congratulations on 100 followers. I so enjoy reading your blog and am very glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you little houses Michelle, amazing that you painted them, it looks like you added lots of details. Your quilt looks so beautiful, it will be lovely for you to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little houses are wonderful Michelle, I love them. You are so clever and patient to paint them...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little houses Michelle. What a great UFO to find.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your houses are gorgeous. A yoga studio would make the village perfect! Enjoy
    I have a quilt top from the same pattern as your project, it was made for a local shop sample and was never quilted. Guess I could do that one day?
    Hope your week is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a wonderful collection of houses and the quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your blogging milestone. Your little house collection is so very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. G'day Michelle. You have a wonderful house collection. I do love the quilt you have re discovered. It looks just lovely.Maybe you will share some more photos of it at some stage !!Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle, I love your little houses. They look so cute. It is not too late for me to start collecting them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.