MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 20, 2012

Favourite Things Friday with Shay

Here we are again at Friday which means I am joining SHAY for Favourite Things Friday.
I love to walk but have to admit I lose momentum from time to time. It is so nice to hear the Magpie's warbling in the early morning and busily getting their breakfast and hopping out of your way as you walk by. I have been having one of those phases of not wanting to get up and get out there lately but then my Husband bought himself a new MP 3 player that also has a radio so he can listen to the cricket on the train and he gave me his old one. He downloaded all my music on to it and I have been listening to it while I walk. Now I know that this is not a revelation to anyone but it has really helped me get moving again and get out of my funk. I do however have to remember NOT to sing out loud when approaching fellow walkers as that's a bit alarming for them. Ha Ha! Sorry still seeing the face of a passer by.
So getting the junk out of my trunk (and trust me there is a lot. I think I have a whole plum pudding in there) with the aid of my music is my favourite this Friday.
My husband also surprised me with a new CD I had been hankering after. Oh it is so 'mellow and gorgeous'. It's going to be added to my playlist real soon.
I am still tidying in my sewing room but some actual stitching must get done today.
I hope to see Mrs Magpie again in the morning gathering her breakfast and I hope you all enjoy your weekend and spend it doing something you love and with people you care about.
Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. G'day Michelle. It does make the walk more enjoyable if you can bop along to some music. I have a little iPod that I usually take with me, trouble is, more often than not, I forget it and am down the road when I remember it !!! Love the magpies, their warbling and singing is a joy to hear. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having one of those phases too...can't seem to get going..you have given me a idea. I don't have a MP 3 player maybe I need to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post michelle,lol,wished i had seen the face of your passerby,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's starting the routine of walking that is the hardest part. I am trying to shift some junk too! Reaching a personal best weight has been a good jump start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to enter the 21st century and get something like that....
    Love the magpie warbling.... we have a young one around here that whines a lot....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting back into your walking and it looks like the music has been a great help.
    I love seeing the maggies everywhere and have to agree they have one of the prettiest songs to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Melody Gardot, what a wonderful gift. We really do have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.