MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 13, 2012

Favourite Things Friday with Shay

Can some one please tell me where this week has gone. Which brings me to the point that it is time to visit SHAY   and share a favourite for this Friday and see what favourites others are sharing.
My favourite today is the fact that I received a parcel from the Book Depository containing 2 books I have been wanting for some time. The first and most hankered after is "At Home with Beatrix Potter The Creator of Peter Rabbit" by Susan Denyer which is just beautiful. I remember when I first got the book out of the library and turned to the first page and saw the photograph of her paint box and I knew I would love it. The photography of Hill Top Farm which became her studio is so lovely. I have loved Beatrix Potter for as long as I can remember and as adult really loved her artwork. I visited all her stories again when I had my children. My copy is not as large as the library version but is completely intact and I love it.
The second book is Rachel Aswell's Shabby Chic. Whilst I am not into real shabby chic with everything white I love  seeing the recycled pieces get a new life in a beautiful way and as you who follow my blog know I can't resist and 'old' treasure especially if it has a story. So I have been having a lovely old time pouring over these two books from cover to cover and then starting all over again.
Lastly you may remember just before Christmas Miss Sophie came to visit while my daughter went on holidays. Well Miss Soph. got all dressed up for Christmas Day and I forgot to show you. So at the risk of sending you all screaming away by the mention of Christmas again here is Miss Sophie in her Christmas finery.
Miss Sophie very pleased with her Christmas finery....look at the smile.
"Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it." Eileen Caddy 'The dawn of Change'
Blessings Michelle xx

13 comments:

  1. G'day Michelle. Miss Sophie looks just gorgeous. It doesn't matter that Christmas is over. It's a great photo, well worth sharing. I am sure you will enjoy reading the two books. The shabby chic one looks interesting to me. That's the kind of house I would have if I didn't think hubby would have a fit.!!!! Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely books indeed Michelle. I must look for them in my library.
    Isn't Miss Soph a stunner in her Chrissy couture! What a sweetie and such a good girl to get into the spirit of the day without trying to eat her stars or ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those books look so good! I too love anything Beatrix, what a magical world she created. And I love Shabby Chic too. Miss Sophie looks rather proud of her finery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOhh Miss Sophie... you look stunning! Is there a Mr Sophie..?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have blinked and it passed that quickly!
    Enjoy your new books they are lovely.
    Now did Sophie pick her own wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Book Depository, although it sometimes takes ages for the books to arrive.
    Miss Sophie looks so very cute in her finery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't books just the most wonderful thing there is! I, too, have loved Beatrix Potter both as a child and an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Shabby Chic as well Michelle (although my house is an eclectic mix of modern and Pyjama style ! But like you I love to see what other people do with recycling and upcycling (which is definitely one of my favourite things !)

    I have a Beatrix Potter quilt lurking round here somewhere that I couldn't resist at the op shop ....I think we must be twins !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE books! When I'm at the library, I feel as if I am in a temple. Wonderful that you have two new ones bringing you much enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What neat books! I used to love the Peter Rabbit books. and shabby chic, I'll have to check that one out on Amazon.

    Nice FTF! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is this book depository? You got a couple of great books. Ms Sophie looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous books and Miss Sophie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! What great books! I love shabby chic and Beatrix Potter....love it!! Sophie is a sweetie! Love the outfit! She should be on the cover of Glamour. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.