MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 27, 2012

Favourite Things Friday with Shay

I am joining SHAY for my  weekly helping of fun with Favourite Things Friday. I have been up since the crack of dawn to get the house in some sort of order for the termite man's yearly check and let me tell you he looks "Everywhere!" It is so yukky, muggy and damp here I looked like a wrung out dish rag by the time I finished.
Thankfully we have a clean bill of health so I am celebrating by shouting myself one of my little favourites when I go shopping later today and that is lovely fluffy pancakes with syrup and ice cream....yum! the photo I am showing you is some lethal pancakes husband and I partook of in Yamba at a cute little place called Sweet Vintage Cafe when we were on holidays. I swear I could feel them zooming their way directly to my hips but they were so worth it.
My other favourite today and you know I can never have just one is Aussie Actor David Wenham especially in the two movies in my photo which we watched again yesterday for Australia Day. I just love these movies and he is fantastic in them. They make me laugh out loud. If you like dry Aussie humour give yourself a treat and watch them. "The Brush Off" is my fav out of the two but they are both great.

My troublesome project had managed to turn it self into a swan...thank goodness and so now I have to find some nice fabric to put "My Country Garden" together. I think it will be something simple but nothing is jumping out at the moment. Those blocks keep staring at me as if to say 'when is it our turn'.
Finally Just to let you know my pattern from the Cookies & Cream Christmas Club is now available for sale. I designed  a cushion called "Mr Meltin Mitten Mender" and is $13.00 AUS. Thanks to all you lovely people who emailed me to tell me you enjoyed stitching him and thought he was cute.
Enjoy your weekend everyone. We are housebound because hubby is on call but that means more stitching for me. Yay! Because.............
"A little bit of what you fancy does you a power of good" - by I don't know who but regularly expressed by my Grandmother.
Blessings Michelle xx

22 comments:

  1. Happy Favourite Things Friday! I think that is a GOOD reward.....A little of what is bad for you is good for you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post Michelle and i love that saying that your grandma used to say,my how good do those pancakes look,enjoy your afternoon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those pancakes! Your photo makes my mouth water. I can almost smell their sweetness. Thanks to your post, I've learned something new. I was unfamiliar with Australia Day so I had to look it up. Happy Australia Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes look delicious. We go to Yamba every year for a hotrod weekend. Will have to check out that place next time. Love your snowman stitchery. Hope you had a nice Australia Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle - its a good day to be cooped up anyway - more rain!! If your taste in movies is as good as your taste in Music then I better try these out! I love Melody Gardot- so thanks for the heads up on her

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice FTF! I want some pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know its going to be a great blog post if it starts with food!!! yummo.... love the snowman...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum looking pancakes, don't feel guilty just remember your grandmother's words.
    I'm with those blocks, when is it their turn? Can't wait to see what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I love those pancakes. I want some NOW !!!! Cruel of you to flaunt them like this !
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pancakes look mouth wateringly delicious.
    Love david Wenham.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter is the pancake queen she usually cooks them herself on the weekend. I am sure she will be cooking up a storm this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great favorites, though I'm not familiar with David Wenham. Hope you enjoyed your shopping treat. Being termite free is definitely worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "a little bit of what you fancy ..." i love it!

    there's wisdom in that saying.

    do i smell pancakes? (i wish ....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say those pancakes look super yummy . Your stitchery blocks are just beautiful , it will be interesting to see how you finish them . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lethal pancakes and your project work is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here in Florida, there is a handmade donut place, just a few minutes away....OMG. when food is good, it's really good isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pancakes are one of my favourite things too but I think the ambience at your pancake parlour would make them taste even better. I am known for my cinnamon bun pancakes.
    Delicious.

    It doesnt hurt that David Wenham is easy on the eyes either ....

    Fabulous faves Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of loveliness here. The pancakes look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum Yum and Yum.. to everything in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. G'day Michelle. Glad everything turned ok with the termite check. We had this home looked at before we bought it and it was all clear, but we are seriously thinking of getting the house treated at some stage, as this area is a known hot spot for the little nasties. It is not cheap, but it lasts about ten years I think. Those pancakes look just yummy. They were making my mouth water. I do love your Country Garden blocks. I look forward to seeing it finished. I wish I could get my act into gear and get some of my stitching done. I just haven't been able to find the time over the last few weeks, for one reason or another. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I am in love with your pillow!! How beautiful! And the pancakes...Y.U.M.M.Y.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH my your pancakes look so good. Maybe that should be our dinner? So glad everything turned out ok with the terminate inspection. You stitching is so beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.