MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Diane

Yesterday I joined my stitching friends to celebrate a special birthday for our lovely friend Diane. Hey Diane....warning photo heavy! Hahaha!
We had a very nice afternoon tea with of course cake (a Theresa special yum!) and loads of other lo-cal treats.
We each made a block or two like this...
and made our beautiful friend a quilt...
Another lovely friend Robyn hosted the afternoon tea and also was responsible for turning our blocks into that gorgeous quilt....clever girl!
This is one of those "herding cats" type photo....laughs and good fun.
We had such a nice afternoon......people say "nice" is a bland word but for me it means......comfortable, at ease, sharing, laughing, affection, friendship, hot coffee and cake.....and letting a friend know she holds a special place in your heart.
I'll take "nice" any day! Happy birthday Diane xx
Thanks so much Robyn P. For your hospitality and generosity.....also missed you Monica, Robyn M and Sue.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

8 comments:

  1. thanks ... you are truly a beautiful soul... I am so glad you have found a home for the orchid they just thrive here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like a "nice" time was had by all. I am so pleased as Diane is a lovely person. I'm sad to have missed it. The quilt did come together so well thanks to Robyn P. I missed my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like a "nice" time was had by all. I am so pleased as Diane is a lovely person. I'm sad to have missed it. The quilt did come together so well thanks to Robyn P. I missed my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Michelle what a wonderful post full of love and friendship ,Namaste my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Dianne! Looks like everyone had a love day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post Michelle...I know exactly what you mean about nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, so nice when a group of stitching friends can get together and how special to make the quilt for Diane..well done Robyn! Nice has the same meaning for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Diane and what a lovely quilt you all put together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.