MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, September 30, 2016

Collecting "Remembering Roma"

Yesterday I zipped up the Warrego Highway to meet quilter extraordinaire FIONA and friend at the halfway point between her home and mine. The reason being for a catchup, cuppa....

and to collect my "Remembering Roma " quilt I had stitched in memory of my Grandmother. I entrusted it to my dear friend Fiona and oh my her beautiful quilting has made it shine. I cannot stop smiling every time I look at it.
So many little sweet details in it.
I have some lovely French General fabric from L'ucellos for the binding. I am thrilled to pieces with it. What a clever friend...thank you xxx
On my way up to Fiona I went via another clever friends house, my friend Tracey White....she had a little order for me which is a secret so....sorry can't share yet.
Tracey will have her beautiful work at the Vintage Fair at Linen and Lace this weekend and also the Christmas fair at Tambourine Mountain.  Anyhoo! As I was leaving Tracey slipped a little gift into my hand....one of her sweet Shabby Chic Christmas ornies....takes me right back to childhood!
Seems to have been the week for being spoilt this week. Our family also has a special visitor from the UK staying at the moment. I was surprised with this beautiful mug.
In my very favourite mug shape....makes a perfect brew.
It's very "Downton Abbey" don't you think! Love it!
I must fly......when you play one day, the chores sit and wait for you.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

25 comments:

  1. What a special quilt! And to have it quilted by such an expert - the icing on the cake. I heard a rumor that you love doing binding, so you'll have that quilt finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Michelle ,your Grandmother will be smiling down at you,this quilt is esquite ,so much work and love has gone into this,and it will make you smile everytime you see it,and the quilting Fiona has done is so amazing and shows every piece off beautifully,great team work ladies.
    Omg that shabby chic deer is the sweetest ,and your new cup is lovely a nice way to remember your visitors.
    Hope your weekend is extra special my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt & quilting are just fabulous. Love it. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is absolutely stunning & gorgeous Michelle. How exciting to have it back all quilted. Your little decoration is rather beautiful too. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time. A beautiful job done on the quilt. It is a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautifully finished, a lovely remembrance of your loved grandmother. That is indeed one glamorous mug, I can see why you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Michelle,

    Fiona did your quilt justice, a beautiful way to remember your Grandmother. Love the little deer and enjoy your cuppa in that beautiful china.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! I love everything about this quilt, not the least that it is in memory of a special person. The fabrics are gorgeous, your piecing and applique beautiful and Fiona wonderful quilting all make for a very special piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty, and a wonderful creative collaboration between friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work from Fiona on your beautiful quilt. It is always fun picking them up after the quilting is done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is beautiful, Michelle. Fiona has done a wonderful job of the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt there, and nice quilting on it too. I totally agree with you - a nice cup of tea needs to be in a nice cup. I don't mind mugs, but they need to be fine china.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fiona worked her magic on your beautiful quilt...
    Sweet little deer and a lovely mug for your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remembering Roma is beautiful and Fiona has done such a lovely job...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is just stunning Michelle, well done, it's a lovely tribute to your Grandmother... & the quilting is stunning, Fiona is so talented. I love that cup shape too, it's a shape my late-MIL introduced me to

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! and the binding will make it perfect xx Well done to you (and Fiona :) )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt looks amazing. Such a beautiful job. LOve your mug and your cute little gift from Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous quilt Michelle, and Fiona has quilted it beautifully,

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great reason for a catch up with Fiona
    Your quilt looks so gorgeous and it's so special

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was so lovely to catch up with you and such a pleasure to play with your lovely lovely quilt. I do like your new mug too and a very sweet deer ornie...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fiona has done a brilliant job quilting your special quilt. Looks like a good day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can see why you are so happy with your quilt - Fiona has done a lovely job with the quilting :-) It is a really beautiful quilt! Sounds like a nice little visit to Tracey's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful lovely Quilt, thank you for showing .Fiona a very brilliant Job
    I like it so much

    Creative regard Marika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.