MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, September 2, 2016

Binding Time

I have had 2 days sewing binding on and down on a commission quilt...
Nice to have it all hand stitched down and completed. Today was spent exercising my brain writing sheaths of instructions and redrawing pattern pieces.
I think some nice quiet hand stitching is in order for tonight!
Lovely mail.
When I arrived home from holidays I had a lovely little parcel waiting for me from Chookyblue for my birthday from Birthday Club. Lovely creamy fat quarter and a selection of her beautiful cards.....going to be very hard to give them away!
Thank you so much Chooky. I loved my parcel.
Today the postie bought me these pretties...
Mistletoe has always been a favourite but I  have to say Rosella and Peacock are very pretty. Can't wait to thread my needle and try them out.
Have a wonderful weekend folks. I am off tomorrow to frighten my hairdresser! Lol! I had to cancel due to our reorganised holiday, so it's pretty darn scary!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle how nice your gifts are,have fun at the hairdressers ,lol,hope you don't scare her too much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to get your commission quilt finished. Pattern writing would be the worst. Such pretty threads and lovely parcel from Chooky

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good feeling to finish the commission quilt. It sounds like you are busy catching up after your holiday. Lovely post. Hope the hairdressing 'adventure' went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned. Love those pretty threads!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely happy mail there Michelle! You'll have to show us what your Hairdresser did for you! A Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous threads.......how nicer to have a parcel waiting, makes for a happy homecoming doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have an extended birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your comment about scaring the hairdresser made me laugh because I'm going to do the same soon!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely gifties and great to have the binding to do. It's a peaceful activity..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice parcel form Chooky and some beautiful CG threads....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the quilt finish and good luck with the pattern writing. Hope you got on well with your hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gifts and I can see why you want to start stitching with those pretty threads. You can always frame the cards instead of giving them away. Hope you had a good hair experience. Funny how we need more maintainance the older we get lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope we get a before and after picture from the hairdressers! Always nice to be sewing down the binding on a quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you didn't scare the hairdresser too much!! 😁 wonderful to finsih the commission quilt...binding is always a relaxing thing to be doing I think. Lovley cards and threads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad you enjoyed the fabric and cards...........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.