MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sew...this and that!

At the moment I have several "needles" in the fire so to speak. I have been planning and working on my hexie ufo. I decided to add a little cohesion to the quilt by making some smaller hexies...
I am going to stitch them between the larger ones on the quilt.
The applique border is still forming in my mind but having little hexies in some of the applique fabrics will hopefully help bring it together.
I decided the little stitchery detail on the big hexies should appear on the border so I added it to the heart...
I am not sure whether more hexies will go on the borders as well or just straight applique??? Decisions! Decisions!
Now as if I didn't have enough to think about, I had seen in blogland all manner of blocks for this challenge. I loved the idea of a different colourway every month.
Lovely Dasha from Patching Pixies who embraces the challenge gave me lots of info and encouragement and so I  decided that I  would embrace this challenge in my own way....I did not want to piece anything or make loads of blocks but wanted a little hand work project that I  could do each month in the monthly colour.....using only my stash.
Ta Da! January which is blue with a hint of purple...
Each month I am going to stitch a little EPP Dresden Plate block! Thank you so much Dasha for your inspiration. To see what it is all about you can visit Angela at
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com.au Hopefully I will end up with a pretty rainbow of Dresdens!
Lastly I have continued to  work on Blessings....some more leaves!
Nearly there and then on to the little circles.
I have had a lovely morning spent with some beautiful women who constantly support and inspire me.....you know who you are xxx
Also this little dilly bag was recieved with delight by its new owner.

I  hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

31 comments:

  1. Loving all your progress! I like the colourways Dresden idea! Might have to seriously consider that temptation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lots of amazing work you have been doing Michelle ,you are so inspiring,what a cute little bag that you made,hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your pretty stitching, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What beautiful projects! Love the stitcheries combined with the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh you know I love your hexies. Love your scrappy challenge idea too, will be a lovely keepsake of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Susan., loving those hexies and all your other projects are looking fabulous.
    Looks like you are perfectly juggling those needles

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is coming along beautifully and I so love those birdies on the border. Your Dresden block is pretty. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The applique around your Dresden Plates makes them really special. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really on a roll at the moment, so many beautiful projects under your needle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of the mini hexies in between the others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful projects, I love the little Dresden :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful hexies Michelle, love the idea of a Dresden a month using your stash! Lots ofloveliness at your place..beautiful bag I am sure the new owner was very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the quilt is lovely and I do like where you are going with it... what a great idea for the scraps... one day I will do flower dresdens... one day.... glad you had a happy day with stitching friends.... they are important in our lives
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love seeing different variations on how people put their hexie quilts together. Yours is going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! You make beautiful things, Michelle. I love the birds. The smaller hex flowers between the blocks look wonderful. Your handwork is stunning. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful projects! Love those hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the RSC! See it wasn't all that hard, was it? Your little Dresden plate is a perfect project for that.
    I am with everyone else - your hexies are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You put so much thought into the layout of your quilts. It is interesting to watch the process. Enjoy your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Michelle,
    I love your color combinations. Your projects are coming along so well.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many pretty projects, I really like your Dresden Plate block.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You definitely have many needles in the fire. Enjoy watching your projects come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All those lovely hexie flowers! And that's a clever idea to use the stitchery design from the centre of the hexie flowers, in the border. Love, love the dillybag too...so sweet! And what a great idea for the rainbow scrap challenge...love your first one! I'll visit the site for a bit of a read!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bellissime creazioni!!!!!!
    Un caro saluto!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much gorgeous inspiration in your beautiful projects Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh your handwork projects are just gorgeous ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh your handwork projects are just gorgeous ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So nice to have you in RSC16. We have such a variety of folks with different projects and it's a delight to see your needlework. I'm trying batiks for the February colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed seeing all of your handwork projects, but the dresden for RSC really caught my eye! Thise will be beautiful in all of the monthly colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your Hexie UFO is gorgeous! Love all those colorful hexies and the needlework. Your blue Dresden Plate is beautiful. That's a great block for the RSC challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.