MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, January 25, 2016

Yum or Erk?

My hexie UFO has had me thinking hard. Stash diving over the weekend revealed an exciting find....
Several small pieces of some of the fabrics I used in the big hexies...yay! So I  have decided a combination of applique and small  3/4 inch hexie flowers using these fabrics would be perfect for the tan border....and may add a little continuity to the quilt.
 The first border however needed sorting before I moved on....I was DETERMINED to find something amongst my stash! I  finally decided on this blue/small brown print.
As I said in my heading....this may end up looking YUM or ERK!
I am reserving judgment until the applique and little hexie border are done. The final red border has this blue in it so I am hoping it will  gel rather than jar. Besides I banned the quilting and stitching police from my door long ago so anything is possible if I like it.
It wil be interesting to find out.
Lastly, thank you so much for taking my Tiny Teacup Teddies to your heart...it feels so lovely when you have enjoyed a creation so much and others love it too xx
Ok! Almost time to don the walkers and venture to my favourite place.....
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Namaste and Blesssings Michelle xxx

19 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle oh i love those scraps,so pretty and what a pretty walking place,looks so peaceful,enjoy your walk my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle I know it will be perfect and a lovely finish to your project. who wouldn't love those tiny teacup teddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue, but them I am a blue person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! So good finding things in our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the blue/brown is a good choice and I'm pretty sure I have some if you need extra. Anni complimented on the choice when I bought it at The Home Patch so it must be a good fabric! Love your walking track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I also like the blue. One of my favorite colours....
    The tea cup bears are sew cute Michelle.
    Lovely peaceful place to go for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good to me. That walking place looks like one I would enjoy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you did manage to fit in your walk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blue border, it compliments your other fabrics well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it will definitely be a yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, I'm rubbish with colour selections, but I'm sure that whatever you choose will look beautiful... there, not very helpful am I?! (but I see most other comments are sitting on the fence too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i definitely vote Yum on that blue spot.no yuk there are all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Your color choices are always spot on, and I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colour choice! MMmm I must go and don my walkers too but I haven't anywhere as pretty as your picture to walk through :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. From what I can see it's looking beautiful, Michelle! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You hexie project looks lovely and the border looks definitely YUM to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual beautiful fabric and colours

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great find Michelle - it's lovely when you find something unexpectedly like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. how fun to have a successful treasure hunt and find your fabrics in there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.