MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 15, 2016

Time in the Cave

For the last little while and at least for the next 18 months my little sewing cave is also hosting Mr R. who has the option to work from home. After a few adjustments we have settled in to the new routine. However the whirring and clattering of a sewing machine is not ideal when the Mister is having a conference call type meeting of which there seems to be many. So I either sew on the dining room table or I DON'T! Yesterday however his presence was required in the city. So I took full advantage and got cracking on a couple of projects needing assembly.
I had been working on a little stitchery. .
Which was to become a little dilly bag...
I  am pleased with how it turned out...
I  then put the little Dresdens together with their stitchery to see if I had enough fabric....being a stash buster and all...
I had plenty and the different background fabric looks ok. Of course when and if you stitch it you can have it all the same. I will have enough fabric to coordinate the other stitchery projects as well which I am pleased about.
After all that pondering and thinking I was definitely in need of some quiet hand stitching. So I  worked on my 2nd Blessings block and almost finished the centre star.
Nice to feel I am making progress.
I am truly blessed with my friends....so when 2 of my lovelies come knocking on my door because they can't wait for 2 weeks to have my new Teddies pattern...well of course I let them in Lol! Robyn and Monica are fellow bear lovers....
I had to do a bag search to make sure none of my little bears were bearnapped....they almost got away with  the Tiny Teacup Teddies table centre lol! That's not the idea...you have to stitch your own!
Seriously though it was lovely to catchup.....nothing nicer than settling down in a comfy chair with friends for a chat...thanks girls xxx Enjoy your goodies.
Off to fill the larder.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

22 comments:

  1. Lovely work...dear little dilly bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my lovely friend,i love your new dilly bag and i always enjoy seeing your dresdens,lol your friends sound like quite the charactors,lol,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's back enough sharing my space with school let alone a husband working from home office situation........the dresdans look good........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your little dresdens and you centre star looks lovely.
    How nice to have friends pop over, cheeky girls needing a bag search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work as always.... the dresdens are looking good and how fun to have friends popping over....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little dilly bag and good progress on the other projects, with a well earned break with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to make the most of your own time in the sewing room! Well done. Lovely to see your friends being so enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds as if there will be some juggling going on in terms of makign the best use of "your" room!!
    Loving the dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Michelle,
    wonderful Dresden project. What a great day.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embroidery stitches on the little bag are just so perfect. I think that if I practice for another 10 years I may get there, or go blind. Love your work and I can understand your friends trying to 'collect' the little teddies. Take care, Guida

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely projects there, Michelle. Ha ha, I have a SiL who prefers the finished product to a kit or pattern...she's always trying to convince shop owners to sell her their samples! Lol. (Good job you checked on your visit is as they left.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty 'friend' stitchery - looks great as the little bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely productive day while Mr R was absent. I think there are a few of us bear lovers out there who can't wait to get their hands on this gorgeous new creation

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like you little dilly bag. You are a saint sharing your cave, even if it is with you man. Not sure I'd be too happy with that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work Michelle.. as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great day, some me time to sew and then a cuppa with friends... Nice..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful projects Michelle...good idea to take advantage of the sewing time...lovely tomhabe friends drop in....cheeky ladies needing a bag check!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh......having Mr R home (and in the same room) would be quite an adjustment! Never mind, there's always hand stitching and yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute dilly bag. Your other projects are lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely of you to share your cave with Mr R, doies he know how priveledged he is? The dilly bag is lovely - another sweet rose, I see. Your applique blocks are beautiful too - just love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely 💗

    Kind regards Marika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.