MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, January 23, 2016

FNSI

After a very busy week I settled down last evening to stitch a long with my blogging friends. Hosted again this year by the lovely Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts.
I was extremely tired so I  chose to relax and quietly work on my current Blessings block...
And then there were almost 3!
If you joined in too, I hope you enjoyed your evening. I certainly did.
I have begun a new book.....one that has been on my wish list for ages....
The inspiration for the book was a rural district about 2 hours from where I live. So that drew me in immediately. I am only a couple of chapters in but really enjoying it.
I  was a wee bit sad this week to hear of the death of talented songwriter, singer and guitarist Glen Frey from the Eagles.
I offer no excuses  for being a complete tragic Eagles fan. Their music has accompanied Mr. R. and I from our youth through to current times. Our children were traumatised by years of being trapped on long road trips seranaded by their music and trying to shut it out with closed bedroom doors...without much success lol! We have never missed a Brisbane concert. I  know it is part of life but it is sad that we won't get to see them intact again and hear those beautiful harmonies live. Glen Frey gifted us with some fabulous music which will be forever in our hearts. These two little old Aussies are going to miss him.
Rest assured the music will continue in our household.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

31 comments:

  1. Thorpe you have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Eagles fans as well ...terrible loss...lovely projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle,

    Love the blocks you were able to finish after a busy week. I am glad we are not the only family who have adult children who are traumitised due to our music habits! It has been a sad start to the year re music makers passing on. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say thanks for the book review, will have to check that one out.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blessing developments! Eagles music rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my lovely friend,i am enjoying seeing your blessing blocks,sounds like a good book and yes very sad about Glen,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my lovely friend,i am enjoying seeing your blessing blocks,sounds like a good book and yes very sad about Glen,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was such a shock about Glen...very sad! Love your block you worked on...so effective with those lovely fabrics. Did you buy the template for the Dresden in Australia or is it part of a kit? Must Google to find out all about your new book...set fairly locally sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blocks you worked on Michelle...
    Yes Glen will be sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We seem to have lost so much talent over the last few weeks Michelle. But their music and acting will be with us forever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, those blocks are gorgeous. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your stitching at each stage of progress. Looking good! Enjoy your book and of course listening to that wonderful music!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The past month or so have seen may musicians leave us......can't you just imagine the jam session they must all be having now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto Jennifer
    your blocks are looking lovely.
    Love my FNSI AND FNWF - but who needs an excuse??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Michelle,
    love the Blessings blocks, this is such a wonderful project. Great Friday night stitching.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice block.....its coming along.......lots of old musos passing way......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't mind an Eagles song at all.
    Your block is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your blocks are so pretty. Love the Eagles myself.Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful blocks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Blessings blocks and I know a dance to an Eagles song. RIP Glen Frey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blocks Michelle, Glen will be missed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blocks! I hate how this year has reminded me how old I am getting - the passing of all younger years idols!! It is the plan of life tho unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blocks are beautiful Michelle, coming along so well. So many talented people have passed so far this year! Love the Eagles music too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful block Michelle, very intricate and detailed, and in your usual lovely colours. Have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michelle
    One set, i love this blocks
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never been part of. FNSI. Sounds so relaxing. What a lovely idea. Your blocks are great too. As you say be sad and remember him but let the music play on

    ReplyDelete
  27. You managed to achieve a lot. I haven't heard of that book. Must check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Michelle, I loved seeing your Blessing Block regards ofaigh

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Blessings blocks are very pretty. I too love the Eagles and was sad to hear about Glen Frey's death. So many great musicians passing away.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your blessings blocks.. they are really looking stunning.... wasn't a good week for celebs ... loss of a lot of talent
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.