MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A New Quilting Store

Good morning.  How exciting is it to discover a brand new Quilt shop locally right where you shop......
It's called Quirky Quilts Qld and is at shop 14 Arndale Shopping Center Springwood.
You can find them on Faceblook too.
The ladies are lovely and they have classes, a Tilda Club..
and lovely fabrics...
I've been for a visit and may have made a couple of little pretty purchases. I am sure that I  will be making many more visits too.
Stitching wise I am working away on my Blessings block. Last night I got nearly all the center leaves appliqued on.
As it is lovely and cool and showery here today I think I shall curl up with this block.
I am back at Art....aahhhh! So good. To start the year off I decided to extend myself a bit more. I really wanted to learn how to achieve realistic raindrops so I have drawn this rose to be my subject. My reference is a photo that I took of a friend's beautiful rose. The first two layers of coloured pencil are on ready for the raindrop placements.
The rose is actually a lot deeper in colour so lots of shading and highlighting after the raindrops to come.....I have discovered that I really love drawing roses....who knew!
Ok that's it from me.....I think after our very long and challenging uphill walk through the bush this morning I can treat myself to a nice cuppa and a bikkie.
Happy weekend lovely people.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

23 comments:

  1. Gosh that new shop looks soooo inviting ... happy visiting :)
    Your Blessings block is coming along nicely and love you rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a fabulous fabric shop close by...
    A very pretty rose and I look forward to seeing your raindrops....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful rose, Michelle! Have you ever thought of having some of your designs printed on fabric? Not a whole fabric line......just an occasional one, it would make a beautiful cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a patchwork shop nearby--may not be good for the purse though. Your rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see a lot of time being spent shopping these days lol. Great having the shop so close to you. Some yummy fabrics there and your block is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOooooo how nice to find a new quilt shop not far away...it looks very nice...love that bunny in the Tilda picture. Your rose is beautiful...looking forward to the rain drops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely looking shop. Gorgeous rose drawing. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have such a great store nearby! As far as I am aware my closest is 2 hours away! And even then it's nothing like the ones in UK. Thank heavens for online shopping although it is a bit hit and miss for fabric. Your blessings block is looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun shop .... Your stitching is amazing and so is your drawing...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new shop....that is good news, will have to check it out......lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new shop....that is good news, will have to check it out......lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A new shop what a great start to the new year. Enjoy it looks wonderful full of gorgeous fabrics !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning my lovely friend how lovely a new patchwork shop so close to you.
    Oh your blessing block is gorgeous,you are so very clever my friend. Wow that Rose is gorgeous,I love roses to,enjoy your day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh.... looking forward to the next road trip to see the new shop!!! haha... loving your stitching and the rose is gorgeous....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so nice to hear of quilting shops opening up for a change! Helen Stubbings has just opened her shop in Hobart which I am planning on visiting ASAP....It is good to have another shop here since the Quilted Crow closed their bricks & mortar doors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh lovely to have a great quilt shop nearby Michelle. Bet you were excited to be back at your art classes

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting to have a new shop nearby. There are more closing than opening so it is unusual. Your rose is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So looking forward to visiting the new shop....your rose looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooh......very exciting and dangerously have a new shop close by! Love how your applique is going.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting to have a new local! It looks like they stock gorgeous fabrics, how will you keep away?! And you sound pleased to be back to your art classes - the rose is pretty - cant wait to see it with a raindrop or two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So next time I am in Qld can we visit the quilt shop???? Love all your work. Can't wait to see the rose with it's raindrops. Know it will look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Michelle,
    love the Blessings block, this is such a wonderful project, what an awesome quilt this will be. Your rose is so beautiful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Michelle, is this a lovely Blessing Block i like it.
    I look forward for the Quilt
    Creative regards Marika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.