MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sewing

During 'watergate' at our place over Easter I found it much safer to stay out of the way and retreat to my chair and stitch while trying my best to ignore the profanities issuing from the tiniest room in the house ( if you know what I mean). I managed to get two borders on my Medallion quilt and have also very happily been able to incorporate some smaller hexies into the design so I stitched quite a few of those and begun a little stitchery that is headed somewhere....hmm?? later in the year.
Now after some advice from our Melody and other blogging friends about being able to read a book and sew at the same time I have finally got myself into gear and visited my favourite library and got these two audio books to have a try. This was the best I could find. I guess the extra goodies go quick at the library. I still don't think I could ever give up the feeling of a 'real' book in my hands completely though.
Anyway seeing as I have the house to myself tonight I thought I would give it a go.....the only trouble with having the house to myself is that it leaves me and all that chocolate alone together!!!
I do think I am in a lot of trouble.........
Blessings Michelle xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle - those little hexies are so cute, and in my favorite color. The stitchery sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see more. I too love to have a book in my hand - everyone raves about being able to download them these days, but not me. Can't imagine being propped up in bed with a little computerised book in your hand - no turning pages. Uggh

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops i would be in trouble also,stay strong my friend,lol.good luck Michelle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done well with the number of hexies... adn keeping away from Watergate excursions!!! I do like to sit and listen to a story when I am handstitching during the day ... and have a book in hand at night in bed...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about reading a book. I haven't tried listening to one and don't know if I could do the two things at once.. sew and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sewing Michelle, I love holding a book in my hands too. A lady from my sewing group listens to Audio books, but I tend to leave the room too much.

    Happy stitching.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some very pretty hexies there ,can't wait to see what you have in store for them . As for listening to a book I haven't tried that yet either , let us know how you liked it . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing more on the quilt! The hexies look great! Chocolate............hmmmmm.....I am getting my boys to eat it all so I won't!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been Busy and Looking Pretty... Hope you Enjoyed your Night Alone..
    Must be Time for a Catch Up..
    talk soon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your Easter break was pretty darn productive!

    Im not sure I could listen to an audio book while sewing. I’m sure I’d get distracted and sew my finger to something.

    I hope a little of the chocolate survived to be enjoyed another day....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hexies. I am with others that I like the feel of a book in my hands. I do know that Mel loves her audio books and listens to lots. I am all chocolated out!Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.