MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

Good Morning all! I thought I would share my Christmas decorating so far.....I am nearly done as I am only have two trees this year as it will be too much temptation for little tiny fingers to have the others....you see I usually have a snowy tree and a handmade tree, the one in the entry, a memory tree and the main tree plus No 1 husband took a fancy to a large fibre optic number that has to go somewhere. Apart from the main tree the others are only 4 footers. So here are a few piccies. No whingeing I did warn you previously that I had the Christmas elf dust firmly upon me....
In the entry way - many old favourites.
Living room - this is our Family quilt with our names in the hearts. A beautiful design from talented Aussie designer Chrsitine Book
My collection of Heartwood Creek Santas by Jim Shore.....love 'em
"Gingie Corner" in my kitchen still a few more bits to put out.
Snowy corner off the Kitchen.....more to come! I know Crazy!
Living room - The large Kris Kringle was made for me by my friend Ann many years ago and he is still one of my favourites. The wooden ornaments Ann bought back from Europe for me and look at the beauitful card I recieved from her last Christmas.
As you can see I like a lot of handmade decorations and favour the 'Country Christmas' feel. I will post some more pics when I am done.
I have also been sewing some of these little chaps.....
Little snowy ornaments.
Hope you enjoyed your little tour and have a great day.
Be kind to yourself; as kind as you would to your very best friend.
Blessings Michelle xx

24 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle it all looks fantastic....I love the santa runner in the second last pic.....Where did you get the pattern fot that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Michelle. Your house looks fantastic. Love all the decorations. I wonder too where did you get the pattern for the Santa runner. The snowy decorations are so cute. :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is looking wonderful. Your decorations are beautiful. Just looking through I am wondering how many of those are your designs, too?
    Good luck with the final touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whow Michelle it all looks stunning you could do xmas tours through your house,just so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a Busy Elf...I have the same Family Quilt but need to add more names(if I can find it).LOL
    Great Job Your House looks Beautiful...
    cheers
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been quite busy...lovely decor'! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week!
    Best Wishes,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Michelle it is all looking so lovely.... I had to look at all the pictures close up...such fun
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This all looks so wonderful. Just the thing to get me in the Christmas decorating spirit. I love your gingie corner - I have a soft spot for gingerbread men ( and gingerbread too. Lovely to meet you on Sunday. Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Michelle! I usually try to start my decorating around December 1st, but you're even earlier!!! I love your different themed areas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Michelle... love all your handmade touches especially xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is simply beautiful Michelle , you could have guided tours .Thanks for sharing I sure enjoyed my visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. G'day Michelle. Your Christmas decorating looks stunning. Thank you for sharing that with us. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Michelle! Especially that stocking! Wow.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all your decorating!
    Makes me want to get my Christmas goodies out. Might wait another week.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well hey Mrs. Claus, you certainly are ready for the big day! Your house looks FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle your chrissy decorating looks gorgeous - my style as well. Look forward to seeing more piccys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Grief. Your decorating makes mine look woefully underdone. It's wonderful!

    You go all out girl ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous display. You have so many little collections. I love the gingie corner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Michelle, that is so special.. your little grandies will feel that they are in another world... Like Fiona, I had to look at your pictures enlarged...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your decorations - I do like snowman decorations and your little fellows are just gorgeous.
    Enjoy all your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Michelle,

    I think you have the Christmas theme down hat. Thanks for sharing your Christmas decorating with us.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, it must be like visiting a magical Christmas grotto at your place. It all looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love your blog! I am a quilter/crafter and I would like to invite you to visit my quilt blog!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla
    (Ulla's Quilt World)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.