MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sharing the love amongst all my projects of late......BECAUSE my wish list is greater than my ability to work on them all lol!
Soooooo.....I added 4 baskets to my "Basket Case Antidote" pile.
Earlier on, when the plague first came to town I joined in a little creative sew a long on Instagram. A lovely lady called Sarah Edgar gave us the inspiration to create a little sampler and to SEW A LITTLE HAPPINESS EVERYDAY...this was the name of the project....you can check out the hastag if you are on Instagram.
I really loved working on this. I had it nearly finished with just my intial to go.....and then I quilted the segments with embroidery thread I had used throughout the project.
That done I searched my stash for a binding and this blue stripe was chosen.
The idea was to stitch a little something everyday....no pressure....just whatever took your fancy. I used some orphan designs I found in my doodling folder and little bits of treasured fabrics I couldn't throw away. I also had some leftover charm squares.


I wasn't sure about the grey background but its all that I had big enough. But I think its come together ok.

I have hung it in my sewing cave and I love it! I wish the grey would photograph better but for some reason it doesn't it....much prettier in real life :)

Applecores had also gotten some attention as I have a little GD checking my progress lol! So I have to have something to show!

So thats what I have been up too.....not exciting but enjoyable.....makes me wonder if we will ever go back to exciting?
Meanwhile.....
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. It's lovely Michelle.... I thought it was a blue /grey background....
    Not sure what will become normal now...... Or maybe this is it now and we just have to get on with life. I'm not happy about it though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on your beautiful finish, it's so pretty.
    Applecores look fantastic, Have never done them before. They look a little tricky.
    Very pretty baskets too.
    We have to look at the positives no matter how hard they are to find..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I suspect that, in future, 'normal' will be very different to what 'normal' used to be. Your happiness project is very sweet! Hmm....I thought apple cores were inside apples, not flowers? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect addition to your sewing room. Pretty baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your happiness project, it looks lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gray wall hanging--so sweet!
    Your apple cores are coming together so well, too
    The picture of your little room with the table stand quilt and Teddy looks so adorable..
    Unfortunately, we are in a "New Normal" --
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Baskets to add to your others....
    The pretty wall hanging is perfect for your sewing Cave.
    Good to have your GD keeping an eye on your AppleCare progress.
    I think we'll have a different normal ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle tu tapiz es precioso.
    Tus cestastan divinas , están en mi lista para hacer, los Appelcore me encanta
    Parece que tenemos que vivir en la nueva normalidad durante mucho tiempo.
    Buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wall quilt is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful baskets, your happiness project is lovely too, good to have it finished and hanging. The applecores are looking great, and your supervisor is still on the job it seems 😁.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love all your projects Michelle but that sew a little happiness is stunning!! I actually really LOVE the grey background & when I used to see pics of it on Ig I loved that about it so much. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty little Happiness sampler, just right for your sewing room. I'm sure you loved every stitch. As for your little baskets they are on my list to do soon.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle oh i do love your little sampler and who beautiful does it look hanging up and love your little baskets,well done my friend on all your beautiful work,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to have a little stitchy doodling every day...free and creative...and yours looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these projects are looking good. I like the idea of stitching some happiness every day. Your sampler is delightful. It has ended up as such a pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely to see the baskets... and to have been part of the sewing of them by chatting! haha... I loooooovee your sampler stitched up... so beautiful
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous little hanging. I love how there are so many different details to see. You should be so pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.