MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Spring Has Sprung

These pretty blossoms caught my eye whilst gathering supplies for the homestead this week....they just seemed to say SPRING!
At home my King Orchid has burst forth with 2 flowerspikes...one is out of sight....but this main one is a beauty!
They are so beautiful.....a myriad of teeny orchid flowers.
One little flower has also opened up on my phalaenopsis orchid (moth orchid)....with more set to open.
I am thrilled that this little beauty has survived and is even flowering.
My next two completed Nature's Journey blocks could be thought of as Spring themed too.
Not being a fan of repetitive machine sewing I decided to break up the nine patch blocks for the next border into little sessions....first set.
And I have started to tackle the appliqued squares on the brown border.
I got the heads up that the side ones need a bit of jiggling to fit so I am working slowly.
I also zipped through this lovely read.....
I have really enjoyed this Aussie author.
Well must away...its too nice to be inside and the birdbaths need a clean and refilling.
Take care all.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Michelle. The applique squares transform that border - looking good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo nice to be able to get out and enjoy the lovely spring weather and watch the garden "open up" after winter. Slow and steady wins the race....good luck with the border

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Michelle, your orchids are beautiful, nice to have a bunch of flowers 🌸 I hope the border cooperates with you. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring seems to have spring, for sure! Love your pertty flowers......your orchids are lovely. My MIL had an amazing collection of orchids, but they have never grown for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. I always love your orchids. Funnily, I made the leaf block in autumn colours. I probably stitched in that season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flower bouquet--makes you smile;)))

    Now i love repetitive sewing--hahah--truly I do--must be from all those years of piano practicing (over and over and over!!) But, as usual, I digress....
    Those little circle pieces are so adorable nice work...
    Hugs on a rainy Wednesday Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your orchids are just beautiful. Lovely to enjoy our spring. Your sewing is coming on so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved The French Photographer and am reading The Paris Secret at the moment. You'll enjoy it as well I'm sure.
    Love the orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This weather is glorious isn't it... love it...
    Your garden has come to life too Michelle...xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your Sew A Little Happiness Every Day piece...what a lovely finish.
    Those orchids are so striking. Beautiful.
    I love how you are bordering that project...appliqueing the squares; that is something I would do as machine stitching is kind of boring to me.
    So your spring has begun it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh isn't it just glorious seeing buds adn blossoms and listenign to bees and birds.... My king orchid is also flowering... so pretty and well done with your moth orchid (I wont try and be smarty pants and remember the fancy name)...
    Great progress on NJ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. The orchids are stunning. The seem to like the spot they are in.
    The blocks are delightful. Good luck with those borders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle love your beautiful flowers how pretty they are. love all your blocks you always seem to do so much,well done my friend,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring is always a delight. I like having a good book to read too, although I find I only get small sections read as I fall asleep! Happy creating to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Natures Journey is looking wonderful Michelle. Yes spring has sprung here too & its my favourite season - I love your flowers & think they would've had to come home with me too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.