MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Auguat FNWF

Time to get together over at CHERYLLS for our monthly cyber sew a long.
I had a real "stitchy" kind of Friday. Beginning by doing a whole lot of chopping for Nature's Journey.
It took me ages to decide on this next border but I am happy with how they look against the main block. I got a little stitchery done after that on a secret project whilst waiting in the car in a downpour for school pickup for Grandies.....why do the heavens always open at school pick up lol!
Last evening I was back to Natures Journey, working on the individual blocks.
I began with the blanket stitch circles.....did I mention that I am not a fan of blanket stitch, let alone back the front blanket stitch!
I eventually got the hang of it...but using 3 strands of thread chewed through what I had so more will have to be acquired!
Three of the corner hexies were appliqued on and I am quite pleased with how they look.....
I think they will tie in quite nicely with the centre block.
Hopefully I should finish the fourth today. I am keen to do some more now.
Thanks Cheryll for gathering us together again.
Read a lovely book through the week....another DD lend. I really enjoyed it!
Ok must dash....hair cutting time!
I hope you will have a nice weekend despite these strange times.
Stay well, stay safe my friends.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Your blanket stitching looks very good from where I am sitting. That looks an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does always seem to rain 💦when the kids are coming out of school.
    Your corner blocks worked out well and the centre block is beautiful.
    Your book looks good. Wonder if I can source it as an audio book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making good progress on Nature's Journey. It is such a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just one of those things, rain at school pick up time! Your Natures Journey is looking good, you are making great progress. I have read that book too, very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed - it always seemed to rain, or even storm, at pick-up time! Nature's Journey will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That back to front blanket stitching was a bit weird...it's looking great...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you work fast. All looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is always so lovely Michelle.
    Thanks for once again popping in for FNwF...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. NJ is looking good... your blanket stitch is lovely... it does use up thread quickly though... Lovely stitching with you,..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed that book too. Her 1st one is just as good. Lots of lovely stitching there. At least you can visit a quilt shop to restock with threads and fabric. I have to rely on internet orders which could take ages to arrive. Keep safe and keep pesky Victorians out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blocks look wonderful. Your blanket stitch is nice and even. I looked for that book at our county library but they didn't have it. Boo hoo. I've stopped buying books because we already have way too many.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Nature's Journey is looking beautiful Michelle - and your blanket stitch turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexie flowers look great with the blanket stitch surround. This is going to be lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to wonder if I have ever done blanket stitch that way. Very tricky!
    Looks like you have lots organised with all the cutting.
    Hope the haircut went well.
    I had one booked for next week but of course that will go by the wayside now. I am wondering if the shaggy dog look is going to suit me. At least it will give me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just looked up that quilt pattern -- WOW! That is going to be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michelle oh this is going to be another stunning quilt,my friend,well done on all your beautiful work,glad you enjoyed your book ,stay safe and Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your "pot & flowers" block,

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.