MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, August 3, 2020

Happy Birthday To Me

This past week I was very fortunate enough to celebrate another year.....in these times a real blessing it would seem.
As we have now had Covid positive cases working in our suburb whilst infected we took the option to stay at home and play it safe.....so a very quiet celebration for me.
My Daughter did a cake drive by with this delicious monster! It was a delicious sponge with strawberry cream....yum! I did send half home with her....my hips can't take it LOL!
Along with a very artistic card by youngest Granddaughter Miss E. She chose lots of red because we (she and I) both love it!
I had also been sung to and blown out candles on another delicious cake at sewing group. Who would ever imagined a time when you had to remove your candles and blow them out away from your friends?? The postman also bought beautiful cards and gifts from dear friends to spoil me some more.
This beautiful card from my friend Ann....
And all these pretties too...
A sweet, sweet needlecase and stitching notions from friend Shez....so pretty! However her gift was given over to the birthday grinch (husband) for safe keeping until the day! They are always in cahoots these two! It was worth the wait and squeezing lol!

Some of my favourite Aussies from friend Sue......wrapped in gorgeous fabric. Although I don't know how I am going to wipe my dishes on little Koalas sweet face lol!
Sue always sends me the best cards too! How adorable is that wombat!
My lovely friend Fiona who lives up on the big hill north of me made me the most beautiful cushion to rest my hands on when stitching......so gorgeous!
The stitching is so beautiful! It will certainly inspire me to do my best work...LOVE IT!
Thank you dear friends for all your kind wishes and beautiful gifts xxxx
Sewing wise I have been cutting out blocks for Natures Journey but boring to share and I started a few of the little stitcheries for Heartstrings.


They are absolutely delightful to stitch........ And I have to admit to not being able to leave the Applecores alone either ....oh dear! I now have 5 rows stitched!

I am not usually one for advertising this or that but I have to share that of late I have had cause to buy some small amounts of fabric and some epp papers online. I chose Maree St Clairs, an Australian shop because Maree was so efficient with papers when we all decided to make 1797 Revisted. And she was the same with my recent orders.
The reason for all these waffle is that I wanted to share the little treat that came with each order....there were four but I had unwrapped two before I thought to share.
A little "no calorie" lollie came with each order.....
Whats a "lollie" you ask? A 10 inch square of beautiful fabric! If you applique or do EPP they are a real treat to add to your stash....I thought it was such a lovely thank you for my order.
Well nice people thats all from me except to say .....keep safe everyone where ever you may be....to my friends in Victoria...you are in my thoughts.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

21 comments:

  1. A special and slightly 'not the normal' birthday celebrations. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Michelle! Like you, I had an 'abnormal' birthday a few months ago - it does feel strange to have such a muted celebration. I love that wombat card, there's one in my collection of all things wombat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday wishes Michelle! Mmm that cake looks wicked - so selfless to return half lol.Lovely gifts and cards, the needlecase looks delightful. I thought those applecores were supposed to be for travelling... Have a good week and stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. Lots of lovely gifts and cards and that cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday. Beautiful cards, cake, gifts ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Michelle so many beautiful cards and gifts, love the wombat card, hope you enjoy the rest of your Birthday week, stay safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to read you had a happy birthday even under difficult circumstances. I can see you giving a wombat love and hugs! You are making some very pretty stitcheries and the apple cores are looking wonderful, I can see they are a little addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday my lovely friend,you sure do deserve the best . Oh I love your little stitcheries they are so cute and lol I think you might be a little bit addicted to EPP lol. Oh the cushion Fiona made you is beautiful and such a good idea,I always sit with a cushion under my stitching arm. My physio said to do this and it works a treat,no more sore shoulder.love the cake M made so yummy,take care my friend Namaste and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday dear Michelle. You did have a special day, and lovely to see all your cards and treats. The Paris card is gorgeous, as is the yummy and stylish cake. You are surrounded by talent. I came across the tiny fabric treats last year in Canada, at the quilt shop walking distance from Katie's house. Lucky Katie, if only she would begin quilting, ha ha. Bit of a scare re Covid - your suburb and mine!!! Be safe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiest of birthdays to you;))) What lovely gifts you received...so heart warming during these difficult times to know you are appreciated and loved...;))
    I really like your apple cores' fabrics--so pretty
    Hugs from very hot CT Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle Felicidades!! tu pastel se ve delicioso
    bonitos regalos y tarjetas que recibiste,
    Cuídate
    Saludos desde este lado del océano

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post, Michelle. Many many happy returns of your special day! So happy you got so happily treated. How strong you are too, to give up half of that scrumptious cake!
    Meanwhile, Natalie's panel is already sold out..I just had to check that out. Thanks for your very interesting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, so pleased you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure cake could have been posted up the hill????? Glad you made the most of your birthday sheltering like a wombat in it's hole... keep safe. all very worrying and thinking of you all. Lovely little stitcheries for your next quilt and I know you love hand made gifties.... may your whole year be good... and safe....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your birthday celebration and gifts look awesome.
    But you know what...you deserve it. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful birthdays are. You were very spoilt but...well deserved. Your stitcheries are gorgeous. Hope the year ahead will be filled with all that's dear to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday wishes to you. It looks like it was a lovely day, regardless of staying at home. Very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!!! So many good friends, you are very blessed. Today is my youngest granddaughters birthday. Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you belated birthday wishes Michelle. Gosh that cake looks so delish!!! You sure did receive some very lovely gifts from your crafty friends. Sorry to read their is another covid spike in your area. Stay safe Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday! You were treated with some beautiful gifts. Your latest projects are rather lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. (Very) Belated happy birthday...lovely gifts and cards. Those wee Heartstrings stitcheries are very cute..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.