MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Nature's Journey and Sewing Day

I spent sometime this week getting  a peeper border and borders 2 and 3 onto Nature's Journey. I procrastinated long and hard over the colour of border 2. I was concerned the cool colours of the centre would clash with the warm colour of border 2....but it looks ok.


I have glued 46 little squares ready to applique as diamonds on the seam between 2 and 3.
That's my next job.....to pin and stitch them on. I have also stitched 2 more little stitcheries for Heartstrings. They are such sweet little designs.

Today I went to catch up with friends for our sewing day.....feel so blessed to still be able to do so. We had a lovely day and delicious fare to keep up our energy.
Sandra our hostess had 2 of her beautiful quilt tops to show us.

Gorgeous work and fabrics!
This one is made with soft pretty Tildas....so beautiful!
My photo doesn't do it justice! I don't know about you but I never tire of seeing lovely quilts!
Friend Kay is making a set of the 12 Days of Christmas for her Grandies and she had some of her finishes....they are just beautiful!
And the Pear and the Partridge....lucky Grandies....they will be such treasured keepsakes.
We also had a very tall and  handsome visitor join us for sewing......he was a gorgeous boy and was spoilt silly with lots and lots of pats! Perfect ambassador for International Dogs Day! Mr G. You were such a gentleman xxx
We were also given first dibs on some no longer needed treasures headed for the charity shop.....I feel in love with these canisters....I have a thing for houses etc. So they jumped into my bag and came home with me......LOVE them!

This made my morning today. NANA SPAM....our youngest Granddaughter all ready for book week....her choice....her favourite......Koala Lou by Aussie author Mem Fox...a great book.
Take care friends,
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

19 comments:

  1. Lovely sewing Michelle, I adore your canisters. Love houses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty stitching......and I love your canisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle love your beautiful work,well done my friend. You sure have some very clever friends there,love their work,how lucky you are to be able to get together we can't wait till we can have another get together and to be able to see our families again. Love the houses you claimed,what a lovely find. And doesn't Miss E look like the cutest koala I have ever seen. namaste and blessing to you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty stitching, and weren't you lucky to take home those beautiful canisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Natures Journey is looking wonderful Michelle. That would've been such an inspiring sewing day - those quilts - Oh be still my beating heart. I saw the house canisters on Ig & thought how beautiful they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful work. Nice you got to have time with your sewing buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your borders on Natures Journey look good and you have a nice pile of squares ready for the next step.
    Lovely to have spent a morning with your friends and guest Mr G. Some beautiful show and tell.
    The Houses canisters were a great pick up...
    Such a cute Koala your GD is for book week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to score those pretty canisters. GD looks very cute in her outfit for Book Week. Gorgeous stitcheries as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Natures Journey s coming along well. Have fun with the diamonds. I cheated and machine blanket stitched mine. They turned out fine. Your friend has some beautiful work, especially the decorations. Cute canisters. They’d have come home with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natures Journey is coming together beautifully. Your friends make such beautiful quilts and I think you did very well getting those tins, they are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nature's journey is coming along great.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely time spent with friends...priceless.
    Natures journey is progressing nicely too.
    LoVe those "houses" too...great that they found their way HoME...xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post Michelle, lots of sewing and quilting treasures to look at, the canisters are lovely, your grand daughter makes a very cute koala.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great progress with the borders. They do work well.
    Love show and tell as well. And sweet stitcheries.
    Looks like your grandie enjoyed book week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a gorgeous post. Beautiful work from everyone. What a win with canisters love then. What a cute koala.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your NJ quilt is looking lovely despite your reservations. Lots of little squares there. Cute stitcheries. Love the quilts especially the first one with hearts, elongated hexies and hexie borders. The felt birdies are very cheery. Glad you had a fun time and I also am a fan of little houses. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Natures Journey is progressing very fast - those diamonds are fiddly.
    Lovely work from your friends too.
    I love the Christmas Decorations too...big project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Nature's Journey is looking so good...good luck with those diamonds (another element I chose to ignore!). The wee Heartstrings stitcheries are just so cute. Lovely eye candy from your stitchy friends. Great choice by Granddaughter...and she makes a very cute koala.

    ReplyDelete
  19. your Natures Journey is lovely.... don't overthink your colours... it looks amazing.... lots of lovely things to see and a gorgeous grandiegirl...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.