MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, August 23, 2020

FNSI August

I cannot  believe that August is over half way through. WENDY gathered us together once again.
My evening consisted of little finishes.  Firstly the blanket stitch on my latest Nature's Journey blocks.
And then I did some work on Heartstrings.  Stitched 2 Dresdens together.
Which now makes four.....only 5 to go :)
I then stitched the 4 little hexie flowers needed for the centre to see what they look like......I had prepped all the hexies earlier.
I am quite pleased at how they all look together. Sometimes when you choose fabrics you are never quite sure until you see some progress.
So all in all a nice creative evening ....thank you Wendy.
Its been a bit wild and windy here over the weekend so today I have curled up in my favourite chair and devoured a wonderful book.
I think I have found a new author to enjoy......not at all what I expected! A tale that shows just how far women have come and the choices we take for granted!
I hope you have all managed to enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx


18 comments:

  1. Your finishes are very pretty, Michelle! It's very freezy chilly here today......the wind chill has kept it below 6 deg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those hexies and dresdens together, nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some gorgeous eye candy there Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Heartstrings fabric choices...cute dresdans and hexies. It's been unpleasant weather here too...hopefully Spring remembers it is due to turn up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Blocks you've worked on and it looks like a nice book to sit and enjoy on a chilly day.
    Was 20 here today but it's cooling done now ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Michelle you are always so productive and your work so beautiful,well done my friend glad that you are enjoying your new book,it sounds very interesting,Namaste and blessings to you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, your Dresden plates are always exquisite, and as ever, love your colour combinations. Be safe. And keep out of the wind! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks and hexies Michelle, good to hear you are enjoyed your book, nothing better than curling up with a good book on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Dresdon Plate blocks! They look to be pretty small based on your hexi flowers. How big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at all you have got done... beautiful colours and work... going to be stunning...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sewing Michelle... & you accomplished such a lot too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely stitching and your hexies and dresdens are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m just catching up on reading your blog and especially enjoying seeing your Natures Journey blocks grow. My version is on our bed at the moment after being tucked away since I finished it back in 2015. Yours will be beautiful. I’m also enjoying seeing Heart Strings progress. I’ve bought the stitchery panel and have the pattern on order, but nothing started yet. Don’t you two look so happy in your wedding photo. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hexies, flowers and dresdens look wonderful together. Lots of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitching is coming along beautiful.
    Keep on enjoying

    ReplyDelete
  16. A productive evening Michelle - I like the Dresdens and hexies together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blocks from both projects. Hmmm must make a start on my Heartstrings. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Dresdens are so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.