MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, February 2, 2019

FNWF

February link up seems to have arrived in a flash. CHERYLL from Gone Stitching hosted us HERE  for our virtual sew in.
After a hairdressing appointment and an easy dinner I headed off to my sewing CAVE on a mission....tell you about that shortly.
When I finally parked myself with my stitching, time was slipping away.
I had the tiniest bit left to stitch on this Postcard from Romancing the Road trip quilt.
 So I finished it off and then began my next one......
I ended up having a bit of a late night and got a good head start on the next one.
Recently looking back over some photos friend Lorel bought to sewing group of quilts we had made each other for special birthdays....we came across the one made for the baby of our group Jacky.
It suddenly dawned on me that somewhere in the CAVE were blocks I had made for the same quilt!  So that was my mission.....to find them!
The quilt is the beautiful design by Leanne May....Beyond the Garden Gate.
After much drawer diving and bin peeking, I  found them!

But there were only 2 traced ones left and I couldn't find the last, as the quilt has 9 blocks....more rifling and I found this pretty tin. I remembered it held the threads for this project. Yay! More progress!
When I opened it the last block was tucked inside partially stitched!
So folks I guess I have another UFO. Lol! They are such pretty blocks....I can't say I am that displeased! And two and half  blocks is not toooo bad.
Enjoy your weekend and if Mother Nature's not playing nice where you are please stay safe!
My thoughts go out to all those affected by the bush fires in Tasmania and the deluge from the monsoon in North Queensland.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle beautiful work my friend and what a wonderful find even if it was a UFO lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother Nature is certainly wreaking havoc across the world right now! That's a very pretty project.....you must have been quite relieved when you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on the postcards and what a great find with those blocks.... will be great to get them all done....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress with you postcards. Glad you found your pretty garden stitcheries. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming over to stitch...
    Great news finding those treasures... xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Michelle ... my friend has done that Leanne May quilt & its such a beautiful pattern. I look forward to seeing you put your special touch on it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your going along nicely with your Postcard blocks...
    Good you have found the stitchery blocks, now to get the project done !!
    Australia is a great country but she can be hard at time for some? Fires, Floods and drought..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Postcards are looking wonderful, I see you are now in my neighbourhood 😊😊, well done on finding those blocks and the thread!! The different weather in the country makes us realise how big this place is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely postcards. Great find always good to find something even better when some has been started....now to finish..hehe.
    So hard to see all the suffering and devestation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They certainly are pretty blocks Michelle - It will be fun to see what you do with them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely quilt coming up
    We are smoked in today Could be from Tassie or Grantville Neither being to far away from us
    Such a contrast in our country with fires and floods all happening

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work on the postcards.
    And what a bonus to find the other blocks. That is almost like a surprise quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your postcards are looking great xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you are personalising the postcard blocks. Yes, you have a new UFO, but there has been quite a good start made already. It will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.