MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Wings Progress

After a bit of reverse sewing progress is finally happening on Wings.....
I have one of the chubby Dresden Plate completed and 2 of the applique blocks.
Now that I have a couple done I can start work out the fabric choices with more clarity....I do love needleturn and it feels very nice to see the blocks evolve.
I am resisting the temptation of more until I have the other 3 Chubby Dresdens done.

I have been a bit slow with my postcards this month with only one so far. This one has a little story I thought I would share.
You will see a scary face in the car going up the mountain......me! We towed our caravan up and over Mt Hotham on the Great Alpine Way.....I have never been so terrified in all my life and I am not afraid of heights! The view straight down over the side took your breath away!  We laugh about it now but I was NOT smiling at the time...I felt the memory definitely had to be included in the "Romancing the Roadtrip" quilt. 
Recently I have had the best time stitching wise secretly making a mini quilt for my friend FIONA'S Birthday
I chose tiny hexie flowers and tried my hand at fussy cutting a few....

They are so cute when tiny.....
I think I may fancy making one in French General fabrics for myself one day.
Ok cuppa time for me....
Be kind to each other.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Your gift for Fiona is just beautiful Michelle! How very lucky she is to receive such a beautiful mini quilt. I did laugh at your latest postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little quilt, it's gorgeous. Love the story about your postcard. Lovely Wings blocks. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so lucky to own that gorgeous mini quilt.... so special. Love your Wings blocks... they are coming together so nicely. Haha, I remember you telling me about that trip. Well done with the stitchery especially the scared face!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mini and fussy cutting for Fiona's quilt. I remember when you had that scared face happening! Great to have it on your postcard . Your applique blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your applique - the bird and snail are brilliant. I am loving the way you are personalising your postcards. The tiny hexagons on Fiona's quilt are gorgeous - I am impressed that you managed to quilt the centre ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects in the header....
    Great progress with Wings and I love the chubby dresden..
    You did make me laugh at your Postcard , my hubby often makes me worry when we go over sand dunes etc...
    Fiona's mini is sew cute , one done in FG would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a lot of work in the little quilt! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that does sound like a scary travel story!! I know I would not be impressed either! It's made a great postcard - your travel quilt is going to be such fun and a treasure trove for you. I love the mini you made for Fiona, oh yes, and your wings project looks good too. I've obviously missed somthing - are the blocks all 'wings' related? Of your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona's quilt is so sweet! We towed our little caravan over the Victorian Alps from Harrietville to Mt Hotham, Dinner Plain then down to Omeo and Buchan Caves......that was quite a trip. Another trip was over the Australian Alps from Cooma to Tumut then on to Wagga Wagga.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha Love the My Hotham story and great postcard
    I have many scary stories to tell of trips over Mt Hotham with my Dad at the wheel way before the road was sealed and widened I was born in Omeo and we moved to Mansfield so many scary trips over the mountain to go home for visits
    All sewing is looking great as usual
    Love your work xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work as always is perfection. Love it all. Love the story I would be terrified too. I am sure Fiona loved her beautiful quilt. So adorable. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your appliques are beautiful and I particularly like the cute birdie one. I am loving that little quilt!!! Hmm I may have to try making one myself. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. LoVe the applique blocks... & a wonderful surprise gift for Fiona. Well done xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blocks look lovely together. Gives a good impression of how they will go together.
    Your lovely project for Fiona is gorgeous. A perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.