MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, February 10, 2019

UFOS and Birthdays

Yesterday was a special day. Our eldest Grandsons birthday.....so dinner and cake was in order.
Master L loves sharks....can tell you anything you may wish to know about them lol!
So of course a Shark cake goes down a treat on your  birthday .....action shot!
Lots of candles now!
Our best mate....
Oh and those sisters just have to get in on the act....sweet!
We cannot believe how quickly time has flown by.
Lovely dinner and celebration 💙💙💙
I am pleased that I have completed this month's postcards.....
And did some more assembly.
Also my task for Sunday Stitchers UFO challenge is done.....in fact 2 blocks sorted.

And they are stitched together too. I like the hexies and I can see a few other adjustments in its future.
It's been so humid here that I put stitching aside yesterday and finished off an art commission piece I had been working on. You can see it HERE
Well that's it from my neck of the woods.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous to celebrate your GSs birthday with the family, great cake.
    Your Post cards are lovely sewn together and good job with the challenge blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mr L.... I love the cake and his expression with it.... scary.... your blocks are just amazing..... and well done with the postcards... I need to get myself into action there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthdays wishes for your GS. Very exciting!! It is fun to be part of these celebrations.
    Lovely to see the progress on your postcards and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the header to the blog, beautiful work. Happy Birthday to the shark fan. They are lovely photos of you all. You have got your blocks together, putting me to shame. Great work and love the colour blends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, so pleased you are feeling better. Your work is just beautiful.
    Wow, that cake, one very happy grandson.
    Wishing you a happy creative week, take care, Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. The cake went over a treat and was delicious x

      Delete
  6. Such pretty stitching, Michelle! My goodness......they grow up far too quickly, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to yur grandson, love the shark cake !
    The quilt blocks are looking so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning my lovely friend ,lol love the first pic of Lachie,he sure is going up fast,wont be long and he will be patting nana and pop on the head.Beautiful work you have been doingMichelle well done,hope you have a lovely day,Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blocks. They look lovely. Happy Birthday to your GS. That is a fabulous cake. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that cake! Your stitching projects are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shark cake, that is magnificent!! Wonderful family photos too Michelle. Your blocks are great, love the pastcards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cake Michelle, well done. My little nearly 3 year old Grandson is obsessed with whale sharks and fish so I would like to plan to sew a quilt for him. It would have to be easy though, as I am not a quilter yet....but I can sew. I need to start some research. Love your blog.Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pauline. Sharks, Dinosaurs and Star wars are big with our boys lol! I am sure a Shark quilt will be a big hit xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.