MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, September 7, 2018

Circles and Blooms

Spring has sprung depite the little bit of dampness in the air around my bit of suburbia......
On Wednesday it was off across the river to the other side of town to friend Anne's home for our stitching day. Things were blooming their heads off in Anne's garden....beautiful orchids and pots of gorgeous colour.....typical blogger....could NOT resist snapping away! EXTREMELY envious of Anne's King orchid flowers!
How lovely is this touch of spring on our delicious dessert.
I was so struck by Anne's beautiful pairing of these sweet sculptures and the artwork above....I have permission to share.
Not a lot of stitching happened but I did get one lonely tag completed for Ruth's Quilt.
Lots of friendship and laughter made for a very nice day. We missed you Jacky and Lorel......hope you are having fun....safe travels to you both.
Whilst I was in the mood for circles I made a couple more for my "bright" set.
And another set waiting...
I have a few made now and have sewn a set together  (right top). I am hoping to get a raffle quilt made to raise funds for my Son's new cycling adventure to raise funds for Mater Cancer Research......Smiling for Smiddy. Named for a young man who sadly passed away not having had the benefits of the amazing new treatments for Melanoma we are starting to see now......which is thanks to many ordinary Aussies doing amazing things to add to the reasearch funds. Anyway this is where I am up to so far....I chose the circles to represent all those revolutions those cycle wheels make on these journeys.
Not a lot yet but it will grow!
Have a lovely weekend wherever you are and in whatever way you choose to spend your time.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers in your friends garden. The bright circles look wonderful, very generous of you to make a quilt for the fund raising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the quilt - looking forward to seeing it finished and buying tickets.
    The sculptures & artwork are made for each other! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful stitching projects. Another very talented lady's work. That quilt is looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend has a lovely garden and yummy looking cake....great circle eye spy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are on quite a roll with your circles. And I thin the quilt to raise funds is a lovely idea. Good luck.
    Gorgeous garden pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the circles represent the cycle wheel revolutions Michelle ... how perfect! Your friends garden looks stunning = we are quite a bit behind here with things just starting to come to life now. Is that a clivia flowering in your last pic? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt idea.....cycling on (hopefully) to a cure! Your friend has a lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Circles are growing nicely will be a fabulous raffle quilt for your son's bike ride. Hope you raise heaps.
    Beautiful garden at your friends home and love the sculpture and art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea for the cycling quilt, Ann’s garden looks beautiful topped off with a yummy desert what a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely flowers in Anne's garden.... so lovely to see. I do like your bright circles quilt and how it is coming along.... great idea. Another tag done, nearly time to start the next one!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. The garden is pretty. Great work with your circles and for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.