MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, August 31, 2018

Hello Friday

I felt the need this week for some R&R......Rest and Reading.....and a bit of playing with my pencils......you can see that HERE  The need to hop off the spinning world and retreat within the pages of a book for a bit was very strong....so I did....two in fact!
Not life changing reads but enjoyable just the same....I am blessed or cursed....not sure which, to be a very quick reader and no I don't skip bits lol! The down side is the book goes by way too quickly. Anyway I had a lovely time.....just what I needed to refresh and restore. Do you need that sometimes too?
Two little tags for Ruth's Quilt managed to get done in there somewhere. 3 to go!
And I have prepared my UFO CHALLENGE for this month.
Something that gave me a huge amount of joy this week is my King Orchid flowering. It's known also as Sydney Rock orchid and Sydney King Orchid....I have always known it as King orchid.
I noticed recently 2 flower spikes had appeared which was an increase on last year.
Each day it opened a little more to my delight.

Until most of the tiny little orchids had opened.....

They are so pretty and delicate
I get so excited because I had waited 14 years for it to flower until 3 years ago.
Nature never ceases to enthrall and delight me!
So that's me caught up......enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. Yes "time out" is just what is needed sometimes.
    I read 3 books while on our recent van trip & like you escaped to some wonderful places.
    Such a pretty sight your orchid too.
    EnJoY xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orchid is beautiful Michelle! I have read that Marian Keyes book - I do enjoy her writing very much, but have not read the other book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers I have never seen one like it
    Glad you made time for some r&r

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to lose yourself in a book. What a stunning orchid, especially as you waited so long for it to flower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to read but once in a book the world dies around me....so I have to limit my reading. Love the orchids. Enjoy your weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock orchids are so pretty! I'm a bit like you with a book, Michelle......once I start it can be difficult to come out to the real world again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your orchid is beautiful! I love to always have a book going. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet little stitchery and your new UFO challenge looks a real challenge! Love the orchid - so full of flowers. I'm a terrible reader - a few pages and I nod off!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also not a good reader but now listen to audiobooks while sewing and love them.
    Your orchid is beautiful as are your stitcheries and challenge block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy getting totally lost in my books. A lovely way to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That orchid is sooo beautiful! Is it normal to wait so long for orchids to bloom? I don't know much about them... lovely stitcheries too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I have never seen orchid like this. How large is the whole flower?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a beautiful orchid! Stunning. I wish I could read as fast as you although I have no shelf space left in the bookcase. I have 2 piles of books on the floor. Some lovely stitching as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy book reading time too, a good chance to charge the batteries. Love the orchid, how special is that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful orchid, loving your vase block great to see your progress with those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning my friend,wow i love your orchid,its very different to the ones that i have seen,my hubby's nephew grows orchids in a hot house in Rupungyup .
    Gee you are a fast reader i only flick through mags now ,hope you have an awesome week Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful orchid and your vase block looks intricate. Good luck. Glad you had some R and R. Always good to recharge the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.