MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, August 25, 2018

August Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks

August Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks were the colour ORANGE......
I found a couple of suspects in my stash.......a couple of these circles are a wee bit lumpy. No idea why as I use the same templates each month but I can live with it. So I can mark August circles as done!
Progress is happening on my Leanne Beasley Ruth's Quilt tags.....only 5 TO GO!
I don't know what it is about these little tags but I have really enjoyed stitching them....I think the fact that they are so portable helps.
We have had a few showers of very welcome rain here but really hoping our poor farmers get the lions share and my garden enjoys another drink.
My plans are for some art this weekend as hubby is busy working on painting our entryway to make it a lot lighter and brighter....after lots of prep work, undercoating is happening.

I can understand why people change houses every couple of years.....because old houses are forever needing something! Which always means money!
Whilst I have been writing this post I have been enjoying delicious Greek treats....sent home with me by the lovely girl who cuts my hair....such a sweetie.....her Mums baking......Mr R. was sent home his share too. So spoilt!
Her Dad also sent me home with lettuce and Greek cucumber seeds for my garden.
Already planted and fingers crossed. Old fashioned sharing and kindness cannot be beat.....feeling happy and blessed.......and pretty hair into the bargain.
Have a lovely weekend folks.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Even not-so-old houses need things done, Michelle! Love your new entryway. Orange is a happy sunshine colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I know what you mean about older houses Michelle ... they can be a bit of a "money pit". Ours is only small but something always needs doing. Orange is my hubbys favourite colour so he would love your challenge blocks as I do too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a different kind of painting to what you usually do...lol... but just as productive.
    It will look wonderful too.
    EnJoY your weekend...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those orange circles.... very pretty. You have done so well with those tags - you will be ready for the next one soon! as you say the old way of friends sharing is lovely.... painting is looking good....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those wonky circles, although they don't look too wonky to me. I have just dug out a garden near the house to let in more light and it's so worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always something that needs fixing, painting etc. It is never ending. Your tags are coming along nicely. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely circles...look fine to me..
    Painting is not my favourite thing but love the results it brings. Your tags are so cute. You have been very spoilt....but well deserved. Was lovely to hear the rain. Hope there is more tomorrow and it goes where it is really needed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both have been very productive. It will be nice to have a bright entry way. Enjoy your treats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your circles look fine to me, great colours. Hipe the painting goes well, the lighter colour will give a great lift. One of the joys of gardening to me is the sharing of plants, seeds and produce. Lovely treats for you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The orange fabrics are lovely. The circles look fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would struggle with orange but yours look great. enjoy the other painting.... and those Greek treats look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pretty geranium. Thank goodness you have a handy hubby. We have to pay people to do everything here unless my dad does it. The thing I don't understand is how people downsize when both have hobbies. Love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely orange circles Michelle... I'm so behind with RSC but am determined to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your orange blocks look great! You are doing well with keeping up with them.. I am so behind...!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely projects, Michelle. Yes, I remember all the work we had to do in our last home. Worth it, but always something to do. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.