MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, August 18, 2018

FNWF

The months seem to be flying by or is that just me! Last night we bloggers all stitched together for August's
My efforts were a bit erratic as I got seduced by my other passion....my pencils which you can read about HERE I seem to lose track  of time lol!
So I was a little late getting myself organised to start. I wanted to keep my momentum going with my Yoko Saito blocks so I prepared  two more blocks.
Templates made....
Some tracing...
And fabric choices for applique made. So already to go again. I didn't feel like starting working on these blocks just then.....so...
I then finished off the evening basting a couple of clamshells
and joining them into the next row and pinning them in place ready to sew.

Even though I was a bit all over the shop I really enjoyed my day and evening and what I got done.
Big thanks to WENDY at Sugarlane Quilts for hosting us and bringing us all together.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Preparation is just as important as the actual sewing - especially for those blocks. And the clamshells are a great "go to" project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to sometimes jump around from project to project especially when they sre at different stages of progress. I love Yoko's designs and yours is going to look stunning. Love your clam shells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to have different things to work on.
    Great job getting the next blocks ready to stitch and it's always nice to do some more clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both, Michelle......not much to show for my week at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty design = I look forward to seeing it come to life. Good to see the clamshells out again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I agree ... the months DO indeed seem to be flying past so quickly Michelle! I love all you achieved & your clamshells are looking so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your clam shells are looking fabulous, Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so lovely..... fiddly work...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having different thing to work on is a good thing. :) Love the clamshells. They look fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots happening with your sewing, love the clamshells, good to have the prep done, once you have that done you can sew whenever you are in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes the time is flying by Cannot believe how quickly
    The clamshells are coming together nicely by the looks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Variety is the spice of ... sewing :)
    Love your clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where oh where is this year going...
    LoVe those clamshells & they are growing... xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard to decide what to do when there are so many choices. Well done with all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a very productive day/night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow the claimshells are coming along. Looking great..

    ReplyDelete
  17. The clamshells look amazing. Always good to get the preparation done so it's ready to go for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your clamshells. I think that's one of the things I loved about sewing my clamshells -- not too much prep! Your applique will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.