MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, August 20, 2018

Sunday Stitchers

Yesterday was our August meeting for Sunday Stitchers and once again our UFO challenges and Show and Tell was wonderful. Some of our stitchers out did themselves.....this post is very photo heavy!
Allison made 2 of those jelly roll quilts, some lovely placemats and lap quilt.
Cheryl,  beautiful blanket, sweet pincushion and gorgeous quilt!
Inca's delightful mini quilt, beautiful stitched cushion and wonderful Lucy Boston.
Susan's lovely cross stitch, Tatyana's very cute Christmas teddy cross stitch, De's delightful quilt and Marilyn's amazing WIP.
We had three wonderful charity quilts, 2 from Helen and 1 from Inca. Awesome job ladies! Bottom snaps are of Linda's lovely little Christmas stars.....the tin under her arm contains more in various stages of construction.
I wasn't at our last meeting so I was the belated "birthday girl"......thank you girls for all my gorgeous fat quarters.....so delicious!
My show and tell was last month's UFO CHALLENGE.....which was to finish Blessings quilt! Phew...made it!
This month's UFO CHALLENGE was my Yoko Saito block.....

This month is number......
Which just happens to be another Yoko Saito block *sigh* glad I did that prep on Friday night.....so no excuses!
Whilst chatting, eating some delicious treats and having a good old giggle I worked on my 4 star blocks for the next border on Brinton Hall.
I only had to applique the red centres on so was quite happy to get them done as I had to leave a little early.
So that was my very enjoyable Sunday....oh apart from also being my Wedding Anniversary....my gift to my beloved was waving him off to a day at the Australian Super Bikes in Warwick with No.1 Son and Grandson. So we both had a very nice day finished off with a lovely dinner together......a look back down memory lane.


Before I buzz off I want to show my exciting if somewhat meagre first bounty from my container vege patch.
We have enjoyed more Cos lettuce, Italian parsley and dwarf French Butter beans. I think Mr R. is afraid he is going to find Italian parsley in his morning porridge lol!
Have a delightful week lovely folk.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle congrats to you and Gary on your Anniversary. And wow what beautiful work everyone has done,a wonderful show and tell. Good to see you are still celebrating your birthday,hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to spend an anniversary - both doing your own thing!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful pieces there are and such a gorgeous bride. Congratulations to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Yoko blocks, Love your UFO with clamshells border & blocks. Happy anniversary!!! Loved the pictures, you can sure tell you kids were in love then and, judging how you spent it, still in love! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great time spent with all those lovely talented ladies. Lots of beautiful show and tell.
    You received fantastic belated BD gifts for you.
    Hubby and you both had a nice day doing what you enjoy and then had dinner together....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your anniversary, Michelle! Oh my......I remember those styles, for sure. Lovely show and tell, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy lot of ladies, beautiful work and those little Christmas stars have caught my eye! Lovely collection of fabric for your stash Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! An abundance of gorgeous projects and vegies. Our vegie garden is non existent right now. Looove your finished quilt. It is absolutley beautiful. Love your wedding pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very productive lot in your stitching group. Lovely to see the show and tell.
    And congratulations on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your wedding pictures.. happy happy..xx so good to see what all the very industrious stitchers have done.... nothing like eating from your own garden - tastes so much better...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great show and tell..talent everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful show and tell from your Sunday ladies, clever bunch aren't they! Beautiful wedding photos..I am with Fiona, veges taste the best from your own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely quilt you made. I won't ever get good enough to do that kind of work.Just beautiful.

    I want to thank You for the comment on my quilts. I am not receiving these comments in my email. I am receiving the ones I comment on your blog. Will have to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely pictures, and your block is so pretty:) Everyone seems happy, despite the parsley ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.