MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, November 11, 2019

Busy, Happy Days

Not a lot of sewing has been done these past few days as I have been out at the Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens for the Queensland Wildlife Artists Society exhibition.
Which you can read about HERE****
I love our Botanical Gardens......a walk around is always a must...bottle trees .....my home town is renowned for them!



I always visit these two charming chaps....entitled the "Butterfly Chasers"

I do have a hope that one day my yellow Clivia will deliver some blooms like this *sigh
Even though it is very dry, lots of swathes of delicate colour to admire...



And my favourite.....the Sacred Lotus pond.....
Here is what I had been stitching before I went up the garden path....next round on 1797Revisted quilt. It is taking huge amounts of willpower not to get distracted lol!

I think perhaps today I shall be doing a bit of what my bronze friend is doing...
Bye....
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

13 comments:

  1. The gardens are looking very beautiful and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of inspiration for your art in those beautiful gardens....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle lovely post my friend ,wish I lived near you as I would've loved to see the exhibition and you working away.
    I love seeing the pretty flowers,my SIster in law gave us some orange Clivia's which are very pretty,hope you have a lovely week Michelle,Namaste and blessings to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gardens are just stunning Michelle. How inspiring for your artwork. Your 1797 is looking rather lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gardens Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what beautiful display of nature. Your quilt is coming along. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got to relax after all the busy days.... the butterfly chasers are fun. Keep on with your quilt..... it will be worth it... then you can start something new!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed "our walk" around those lovely botanical gardens. Sometimes a long term project can be tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely garden to have a wander around, those bottle trees are fantastic. Just imagine when you have finished 1797, all that work will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gardens look lovely. A nice change from all we are seeing with the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your EPP quilt. Beautiful pics of the gardens. Hope you are nowhere near the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos of your world, Michelle. I can soak up a little of that sun as we steadily move into winter. Yes, EPP anything takes a lot of time! But this will be another stunner when done. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gardens are beautiful Michelle - I'm not surprised you love spending time there :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.