MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Circles Finished

Another binding finished. This time my Circles quilt. I love the checkerboard effect.
Once again FIONA did a wonderful job quilting it....love her treatment of the circles.
I was really lucky to find this black and white backing for it.....I do love a theme lol! 
I also used it for the binding. This quilt is going to be used to help fundraise for Cancer research for a charity my Son supports.
This quilt was a bit out of my comfort zone....bit bright....but I quite got to like it and I think perhaps it rubbed off a little....you see these pretties followed me home from my LQS .....Hmmm! Very happy Tilda fabrics. 

Yesterday I got out my pretty teacups and had some friends over. Such a nice thing to do. Thank you girls. Although I haven't met a pretty cup and saucer I didn't like....this is my most favourite fine China pattern....Old Country Roses....and I love to use it. Even though its special to me.....I don't NOT use it.....I consider friends having their tea from them, very special! Do you have a special pattern you love?

A wander to the mail box, which isn't far, made me smile with little pops of colour here and there from different plants deciding to bloom all at once.
With everything struggling in this prolonged dry spell, it was a delight to see. Now if only my yellow Clivia would grace me with a bloom I would be sooo thrilled! 
Have a lovely day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

12 comments:

  1. Great finish Michelle. It looks as though Fiona has quilted the circles in different directions which is brilliant - and they look like bubbles! Great finish for a great cause. Mmm nice new fabrics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circles quilt looks wonderful. It’s a real thrill to see the finished product with all those colourful circles and with Fiona’s quilting. I remember you working on blocks at SS.
    Seeing your photo of the flowers in your garden reminded me it’s ‘hippie’ flowering time...maybe mine will have flowered 🤞.
    I love Old Country Roses too...often use it to decorate the hutch at Christmas but should use the set more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the great finish, your circles look wonderful and Fiona's quilting looks amazing too. Interesting to see you ave chosen bright colours in your new fabrics! Your teacups are beautiful, I am a mug kind of girl I am afraid! Beautiful flowers! Go give that clivia a talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the quilt finish... I always love seeing a picture of the full quilt, somehow it looks quite different to close up.... Lovely to spring happening in your garden... gotta love a pretty cup..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is very pretty, Michelle......gardens here are not looking so good but never mind, they will eventually recover. Love that finish, and Fiona has quilted it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely quilt finish, and so nice thatvthisone will be a fund raiser for such a good cause. Sadly, we dont have fancy tea cups here, we are more of the coffee mug style. But yours look gorgeous and I could certainly play ladies if I was invited somewhere nice, I'm sure.


    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the fund raiser goes well.
    I've got that backing fabric on a quilt too..a great match for your quilt....You certainly have "brightened up"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cirlcles look lovely finished and will be a great raffle quilt....
    Sew nice to have friends over to enjoy Tea in your fine china..
    Pretty blooms in the garden..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for Circles, it's looking great! It will be a lucky person who wins it :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning my friend. Oh wow that quilt is amazing the fabrics are perfect and what a wonderful thing for you to do to raise money for such a worthy cause.
    I love your new purchases ,lol I can see why they followed you home.
    Wish we could send you some of our rain hope you have a wonderful weekend Michelle ,Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see your circle quilt finished. I enjoyed watching it grow along the way. Love the colours and the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on finishing the Circles quilt and such a lovely idea to donate it for a good cause. It was fun watching you make it, and it's turned out so gorgeous! Do you know what you're going to use the Tildas for?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.