MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Stitching Day

Today our stitching day was held at friend Anne's lovely home. Pretty China and lots of energy giving nibbles to help us stitch, chat and solve the world's problems.
Anne's delicious Lemon Thyme cake was ohhh so good!
I have the nicest friends....Bev surprised me with these lovely vintage looking hydrangeas after I had admired hers.....and they have found the perfect spot to call home....Love them!
Also today some lovely show and tell from Lorel and Sandra.
Lorel kept me company when we stitched Ruth's quilt. Hers is now complete and it is beautiful in pretty Tilda fabrics.....also featuring lovely quilting from FIONA I love this quilt it was so enjoyable to stitch....hope to get mine together soon.
Sandra has made the sweetest baby quilt .....it is in such happy colours and fabrics....also beautifully hand quilted. We all loved the backing fabric with all its lovely sayings.
I worked on my 1797 Revisted quilt, getting the next round stitched on.

It was a very nice day.....and as I have expressed many times, I love the word nice. Many think it is a bland word but NOT me........"nice" to me is a feeling of ease and comfort that gives me joy.....a favourite way to be!
Thank you friends xx
The No Fuss Stitch a Long blocks for Romancing the Roadtrip  were due for March and I have to say I was a teeny bit late but got there eventually. MARCH Postcards....

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. You did have a NICE day and what a delicious cake for morning tea...
    Lorel's " Ruth " is very pretty inTilda fabrics and beautifully quilted by Fiona...
    Oh what a cute baby quilt Sandra has made for her grand baby.
    Great progress with 1797 and your Postcards..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle wow love the hydrangeas ,you have been busy and done some beautiful work well done my friend,love the show and tell too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely show and tell......and such pretty hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that cake looks delicious....
    A lovely way to spend the day. It is nice to see another Ruth's quilt, very pretty fabrics. Lots of stitching in your postcards....well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitching days with friends are always so nice! Nothing wrong with that word, Michelle. I love your prancing the road trip blocks, haven't come across this book before. Such a great idea for travellers, both home and abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects & show & tell. The cake looks so yummy. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent day.... I agree Nice is sometimes just the perfect word to use. I love lemon flavour so that cake would have gone down well. The hydrangea's are perfect in that jug.... I loved Lorels colours and the baby quilt is a favourite pattern of mine - I do admire hand quilting... good to see another rown on 1797 and a new set of postcards....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about the word"nice". It is much undervalued. Your Revisited quilt is looking awesome and your postcards are lovely. Some beautiful quilts from your group and that baby quilt is so cute. I rather like that cake hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some lovely show & tell for us...Toyur road trip surely will be a great memory quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and lovely work by your friends. Did you see the 1797 pincushion? I made a template and cut some papers yesterday - oh dear, I'm getting sidetracked from all the other things I should be doing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have lovely days with your friends. Great show and tell. Gorgeous flowers. Well done on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle sorry i have changed internet plans and have been without the internet,hope it will be all sorted by the end of the day.
    Its always lovely spending time with friends,love your work and show and tell is always fun and inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wo derful show and tell, that cake looks amazing!! Love your postcards, the Great alpine Way has special memories! !

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lemon thyme cake looks amazing, what a great idea. Your home looks beautiful for Easter Michelle and your sewing group is very productive. Have a wonderful Easter. Cheers, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice eye candy there...lemon thyme cake sounds and looks yummm...love the postcards, especially the artists and alpine ones...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.