MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Friday Night With Friends April

CHERYLL gathered us together for our April online sew in last night.
Mine was a night of preparation. Not thrilling but always necessary. The first thing I wanted to organise was the next set of Postcards for Romancing the Roadtrip quilt. So my notes were consulted and drawing and tracing were done ready for stitching.
Earlier in the afternoon I chopped up a whole lot of background blocks.....

These are to be used for two I Spy quilts for my little Granddaughters. Instead of squares I am making the I Spy aspect in "Love hearts " as they both love them.
Next was choosing and tracing some hearts to begin.
My gorgeous girls have tastes world's apart and so whilst some blocks will be the same, lots will be chosen specifically for their particular fancies.
I finally settled myself down to start some of the applique.
BOTH LOVEEEEE CAKE lol!
I enjoyed getting three blocks finished.
So happy to be making these for my girls.
A Facebook giggle....
Enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

16 comments:

  1. It was lovely having your company Michelle.... & the "girls" will LoVe their hearts... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of making hearts for the I spy quilts. The girls will be over the moon with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your company, looking forward to seeing the postcard quilts blocks! I like the idea of I Spy hearts too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of nice sewing to anticipate there Michelle - a profitable evening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are such cuties! I bet they'll love their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the I spy hearts and the girls will too.... postcards are coming along... some lovely new memories for you to think back to... good giggle at the end...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for your I Spy quilt. I may use your idea for my munchkin. Looking forward to seeing all your lovely postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle love the pic of the girls ,the cutest bunnies I have ever seen. You had a productive night,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to make heart I spy quilts! The girls are going to be so pleased! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea for the girl's I spy quilts.
    They will love them forever. Got a giggle from the caption. Enjoy you day.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to get some prep work done...
    Gorgeous idea making the cute hearts "I Spys" for the girls.. They'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the I spy hearts... lucky grandies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful to get the prep done. Your grand daughters will love their quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prep work is so rewarding, even though it's a pain at the time, because you can just sew and sew!! What a great idea for quilts for the girls...finding the perfect theme fabrics will be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did get a lot organised for stitching. Worth the effort as we well know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.