MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Almost Friday AGAIN!

I felt sure I had posted only a couple of days ago but here we are again at almost Friday.
I have had a busy week as I have two art related weekends coming up the first commencing tomorrow. A group of art friends who have been taught by Sandra Temple join her and have a little mini exhibition. It's a lovely thing to be a part of.
So I  have been packing cards...

Books...
A few little handmade Christmas decorations.
And some unframed drawings...
All for sale over the weekend. There will be lots of beautiful artwork too. Our motto.....must be handmade......I love visiting our Botanical Gardens.....so that's my weekend sorted! Hopefully time for a few inspirational art photos as well.
I enjoyed a lovely day yesterday stitching with my friends. I worked away at 1797 Revisted....it is wonderful to feel invisibly connected to a needlewoman from yesteryear who worked this coverlet in the year 1797.
And last night I finished round 6.
It is obviously taking a lot longer to stitch a round now lol!
Hubby has finished his lastest bit of painting.......we are now whiter and brighter.
I tried to find a photo of what it looked like before but this is the only one I could find....
Excuse the woman with the quilt!
I also had on the kitchen side a very cumbersome shelving unit....so I decided that it had to go and is  doing duty downstairs under the house for tv holding for hubby.
I replaced it with an old vintage hospital beside cupboard I have that a friend replaced the door paneling on with his beautiful lead light work.
Hubby CANNOT understand why I will not let him sand off the old crazed paint and give it a brand new coat. Lol! Call me crazy but I LOVE it just how it is!
So that is the week that is almost done and dusted.
Whilst I could sit here writing to you and listening to my Magpie family warbling away outside in the Jacaranda tree to each other all day.....chores await me.
Have a lovely day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle wow your home looks so different ,I agree it all looks bigger and brighter well done Gary.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and sell heaps of beautiful projects ,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your sales go well, a nice assortment you have managed to put together. I love natural wood generally but that really looks lovely white - makes it so much more spaciaous and your green and reds for Christmas will show up so well!!
    Happy stitching...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks beautiful Michelle and I love the cupboard just as it is too! Hope you have a successful weekend - I am sure you will have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the white really makes the place so much cheerier, love all your goodies. Enjoy the weekend. Take care, guida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post Michelle. I love your new white and bright rooms, and totally agree with your views on the antique cupboard - it must stay as is! The 1797 quilt is a nice project, and your colours as always look just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice paint job... looks so fresh.
    Good luck at the exhibition too. Everyone will LoVe your table I'm sure...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is having the same problem in the house they moved to a couple of years ago - dark wood everywhere, so they are slowly going through with white paint (with lot of DH's help). It makes the place look so much brighter and bigger.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well at the event. Good luck.
    And the white paint is making a big difference lightening up and looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All looking wonderful. Was hoping DD2 would make it to the exhibition etc but she ran out of steam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.