MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hello There!

Seems ages since I posted, although I am sure it isn't. Our Queensland Wildlife Artist's Society Exhibition at Mt Cootha last weekend  was a success....you can read about it *HERE*
All my stitching efforts have been in snatches of time between running here and there. Also it is that time of year when secret stitching is taking place and I have been working away on my secret projects.

Definitely different ends of the spectrum lol!
A charity project of toiletries bags for the homeless has been done for Sunday Stitchers this week....all ready for filling. Colours suitable for either men or women were needed....
And school pickups have moved me forward with the next round of 1797 Revisted. Won't fit on the coffee table for it's photo soon!
Next row will be a challenge as I wanted that nice French Country Blue and I have not enough to do a whole round and not enough variety to make each piece different....thinking cap on!
My bedtime reading has been a delighful surprise. I am a bit of a fan of Graham Norton, irreverent Irish comedian. Recently I discovered he is also an author of fiction. Curiosity got the better of me and I had to seek his second and latest novel out......
Loved it! May have to seek out the first one now!! Days are definitely better if you can squeeze some book reading into it :)
Well I think that's me caught up for now....hopefully some quieter days ahead to catch my breath.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle your secret sewing looks intriguing,love them both. So glad for you that the Queensland Wildlife Artist's Society Exhibition at Mt Cootha was a sucess. Also what a great idea with the toiletry bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects you have going there. 1797 revisted is looking lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your secret sewing looks wonderful Michelle ... is that some Tilda fabric I spy!!?? Your 1797 looks wonderful too ... I have been seeing this pattern over on Jeanette's blog. That book looks MOST interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days do just fly by to quickly.
    Definitely two very different fabrics for your projects.
    Perfect for toiletries.
    Hope you source the right fabrics for your next round of 1797.
    Nice when you find a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of nice work Michelle even though your time is short. Your 1797 is looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have got a nice array of different projects.... I enjoy GN on tv too.... nice to hear the book is good... gosh I am doing so little reading these days - I just fall asleep!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique flowers on the black and white prints is quite attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Michelle, I enjoy Granham Norton too, will look for that book. Spent a very happy hour on the back deck yesterday reading a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't picture Graham Norton as an author.... I'll add him to my "go find" list! Reading certainly takes a second seat to sewing for me.
    of course - lovely projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love reading and seeing your Blog so inspirational. Also makes me feel so lazy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post Michelle... always love my visits... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some more beautiful stitching happening at your place and that book looks interesting. My book list seems to be increasing all the time LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Days are defiitely better if you can squeeze stitching AND reading in :-) Sounds like a new author for me to hunt out! Your french general is looking lovely and nice little sneak peek at your secret sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a busy time but it is lovely to see you still getting stitching and making progress.Hope it all works out for the blue row.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.