MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, June 25, 2018

Up the Mountain and Up the Garden Path

I  had a very nice weekend.....a little road trip up to the Darling Downs to visit my friend FIONA as she had offered me an old wheelbarrow I had been wanting for my garden to plant out with succulents. Not that I  need an excuse to visit my lovely friend! I have borrowed Fiona's photo of my new treasure......
My hubby is still shaking his head lol! But I love it! Mr. BubzRugz shared some of his succulents with me too. It is going to be beautiful!

After a delicious lunch our menfolk went off to do "boy" things whilst we chatted over a cuppa and chocolate and I was well and truly led up the "stitching" path of new projects! Loved seeing all Fiona's beautiful Works in Progress.
I had fallen in love with Fiona's beautiful Ruth's Quilt by Leanne Beasley on her blog and true to form decided after seeing hers in the flesh.....there was no going back....I definitely needed to stitch it.
My purchases last week were to "maybe" begin this project. I wanted to use some fabric from my stash. You know the ones you stroke, put back in the draw because they are favourites. Well NO more. Time to use it......
I had a jelly roll in this range but wasn't suitable for this quilt design...so extra complementary fat quarters were needed. This range is no longer available. But....surprise...my dear partner in crime even had some lovely bits from this range to add! Very happy stitcher!
I have chosen a beautiful  Cottage Garden Thread "Rosella" and a DMC blue for the stitchery.
So it got a good old bathe and dry out in preparation for stitching......
It looks much nicer together with the fabrics in real life. So yesterday I traced out a couple of strips....
And of course as every stitcher knows you just have to have a test run to see if you like it and what it looks like.....and before you know it....
You are well and truly hooked! Lol!
Love friends who inspire (lead you to astray) you. We had such a lovely day. Thank you my friend xx
Now I haven't fallen completely off the path....Blessings border is progressing and I am quilting block 3 of my Baltimore.
That's me all caught up. I wish you all a wonderful week!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. mmm I recognize that wheelbarrow, a great trade. I love the Chocolate and Roses range, but then I love most fabric by Moda. Your applique looks stunning. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wheelbarrow!
    you will love doing Ruths quilt...mine is finished now to quilt it when I get time...love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old barrow will make a great succulent display! Aren't those fabrics so pretty....I like that blue floral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how you use the wheelbarrow. The best friends are those that lead you astray down fun and creative paths.

    Cute stitchery and your quilting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely day with your friend. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to start a new project or two, is there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasure to offload my junk and twist arms! haha.... I love the fabrics you are using - it will be so pretty and that thread is gorgeous. the variegations make it nice and easy with not changing threads all the time.... your quilting is so lovely.... next time dont' forget to bring it to see! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning my lovely friend. Lol Fiona is a good enabler,lol,it is a lovely quilt to make i must get back to finishing my tags off,your first tag looks fantastic. Cant wait to see what you do with the wheel barrow,i think its going to look fantastic,hope you have a wonderful day my friend,Namaste and blessings Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wheelbarrow will be wonderful Michelle. Cant wait to see it all planted up. Your new quilt is also going to be stunning especially with those gorgeous fabrics you have chosen. Yes I always try to remember to wash my CGT. Happy stitching Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great day. Love those friends that encourage ( lead you astray) you! Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wheelbarrow. Have been looking out for one for you. Nice to have a lovely day with Fiona. Your new project looks beautiful.I had a friend lead my astray at Warwick....maybe I lead her astray. now I have some work ahead of me.
    Must say it was a great game Sunday.🏈💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Fiona's junk and it will look great with your succulents.
    Hahaha ! lovely new project.
    Do you always wash your CG threads ?












































    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your wheelbarrow - we have an old one lurking down by the compost heap and I am hoping you will inspire me to resurrect it! Gorgeous fabric collection for Ruth's Quilt and lovely baltimor quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those fabrics are sooo pretty! I have also been enjoying the blocks everyone is stitching for Ruth's quilt... but really, I shouldn't start another one.... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the fabrics you have chosen
    The old wheelbarrow will come up a treat with your succulants
    Great photo of you and Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fiona is a wonderful friend isn’t she. I’m looking forward to seeing your barrow planted. It is nearly identical to ours. I’m also looking forward to seeing Ruth’s Quilt profess. Im loving all the different colour versions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.