MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, June 11, 2018

Swan Day

Swan Days.....when it appears we glide along effortlessly on the surface but underneath we are paddling like a crazy person....lol! That's me lately!
Lots of sewing happening but most "secret squirrel "stuff.....
Lots of prep work too.....
June choices for Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. TEAL/TURQUOISE.
Choosing scrappy creams for backgrounds.
In the evenings I am hand quilting but I am being very mindful of my still very dodgy shoulder, so try not to overdo it.
This allows for hand stitching......Hexies for Brinton Hall to be exact.
Blocks are cut for the 16 hexies and 4 stars I need for the next border.
I feel happy that I am moving forward again on this project.
I have found rest and enjoyment in equal measures in my art journal of late which you can see HERE on my ART BLOG
Once again thank you all for your lovely comments on my previous post.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle ,beautiful work my friend ,think i feel like a swan most days,lol.Now i am back home i hope to catch back up with everything.Hope you have a lovely week ,Namaste my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects as always Michelle. I am wondering whether you can in fact, have "swan months" as it has felt like that the past month & you have described it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty fabrics Michelle - love the hexies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swan days are fine, as long as you keep moving. We know it all evens out in the end. Lovely to see your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... so much going on xx..... I love your circle colours and all those hexies are very impressive..... keep swanning along....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects Michelle... I love your term of Swan Day... We all experience ups & downs of getting to work on our projects.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the paddling like crazy bit isn't too stressful Michelle. You have beautiful projects to calm you down and hopefully keep you centre. Nice to see Brinton Hall and hexies appear again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look after that shoulder Michelle. Lovely quilt and quilting by Fiona from last post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all swan along sometimes...
    Nice fabrics for your circles.
    Lovely pile of hexies too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.