MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, April 10, 2017

Stitchery-a-thon

Happy Monday folks. I am enjoying a very nice cool morning....sunshine and a light breeze and bird calls all around me...my kind of start to the day. Coffee is on its way.
A quiet weekend at home is what I fancied and what I achieved this past weekend.  I pulled a weed here and there, watered the garden but mostly sat and stitched. I haven't worked on any stitchery for a while until recently. So I stitched up a storm.
3 more letters were finished in my Country at Heart Alphabet....S....T....U


2 little teeny blocks from Gardener's Journal were stitched as well.
Yesterday Mr. R. had a watching sport type date so I cosied down in my chair and watched "How to Make an American Quilt ". I had recorded it for just this type of occassion. I  do love that movie. Although I still cringe when Winona Ryder drags that beautiful quilt through the dirt......I still shout..."pick the end of that quilt up girl! " Lol! Whilst watching I traced out all the remaining blocks for GJ....
So there is no turning back now! "Quiet " may not be everyone's cup of tea but often it is definitely mine.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

21 comments:

  1. More lovely stitcheries! Loved reading this post. You remind me of me. I do enjoy the quiet and movies and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the best kind of weekend to me!! Well done on the stitchathon, the blocks are beautiful. I saw that movie on retreat last July and yelled the same thing!! Suprised the other ladies there, Lol!! Is a good opportunity to trace of your stitcheries. Love little Linus, great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! I recently picked up some counted cross stitch and quickly became hooked again. I've never seen the movie you referenced. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had the best weekend. Love that movie too & i get so annoyed about the quilt getting dragged in the dirt. Love your sticheries. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds such a perfect weekend Michelle - loving what you are working on, it all looks fab. I love quiet weekends too - they recharge you for the week ahead. You have inspired me to get that movie out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,your letters are so cute,well done.Thankyou for my lovely card today,tried ringing you ,will catch up soon,Namaste my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect way to spend a weekend! Glad you enjoyed it and look at what you achieved in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I love quiet but it is hard to get around here. Loving your alphabet stitcheries. I also love that movie, must try to find it. Enjoy more peaceful stitching days as the days get cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of love my awesome friend,great to hear your words of wisdom,i am truly blessed to have you in my life xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a blissful weekend - your alphabet is coming along nicely and I am loving the gardener blocks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do so want to stitch your whole Country alphabet also ONE day. I had better get a wriggle on my with garden blocks

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes we just need a quiet day at home.... you got heaps of stitching done.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a really productive weekend!! Love all the stitchery work you are working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to have a nice quiet day to yourself . . .Such pretty things happening there

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your stitching and quiet days are by far the best in the world. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your stitcheries...they really are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute letters there Michelle... & please stop posting those GJ stitcheries, they are so tempting, LOL!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a FABULOUS weekend Michelle, sometimes we just need to spoil ourselves and relax just like that! You are motoring through your stitcheries!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a lovely weekend to me! I wish my hubby would go away for the weekend occasionally so I could sew and watch movies!! Your stitcheries look perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.