MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, April 17, 2017

Quilting

I hope you are enjoying your Easter break. I have been enjoying a nice quiet time. All other projects were abandoned this long weekend in favour of a serious hand quilting marathon on my Robyn Pandolph Heart quilt. I am so far along that I really wanted to get closer to finishing it.
I did take a break to visit my FIL and take him lunch. His first Easter alone...always difficult. We had a very nice visit and he was so proud to show me his gorgeous Cooktown Orchid in bloom. The colour was just stunning!



Today was Family day and we had a casual easy lunch....BBQ. I did a very easy cheat cake (store bought) and I decorated it with chocolate eggs and some of my Cooktown Orchid blooms.....pretty and it definitely disappeared down the rabbit hole!
Tying the Grandies down to get a photo was near impossible and resembled herding cats......too much playing to do! They get so excited to be together madness ensues lol!
Dinner will be my favourite.......leftovers!
Ok now that peace and quiet reigns again, it's back to my quilting!
I just loved this bit of Easter silliness so I hope you will excuse me?
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle so glad you had a lovely easter,our family day was yesterday.
    Your quilt will be finished in no time,it looks so pretty.
    Hope you have a lovely evening my friend oh and i love those orchids xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, Michelle, well it is here anyway. I enjoyed sharing your day and seeing your quilt....Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fab Easter. The orchid is beautiful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great weekend...... those orchids are stunning and the grandies adorable....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post Michelle. Love the RP quilt... so looking forward to seeing that one finished.
    Looks like a wonderful Easter too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a fabulous Easter. Every hand stitch on your quilt is one stitch closer to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely orchid...cute grandies...maybe you need a better bribe??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun weekend. Love the orchids and I am so in favour of those easy make cakes... As Helen Mirren says in Calendar Girls" If all else fails, get it at Marks and Spencers!" ( English shop)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL , love the Easter puppies. THat cake looks yummy. I bought a frozen chocolate cake and put Easter eggs on it. Your grandies are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing my grandson as he has been away for Easter. His first camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting is lovely, love the orchids your FIL has done very well with his flowers. The grand-kids are growing up fast. Take care. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like your Easter was fabulous .. love your quilting ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Family time is always so special...I love these celebrations and the extra time they allow us to come together x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Family time is always so much fun and so many beautiful memories to have for later in life. The quilting is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youndid very well with your herding tomget the grandies together..is lovely that they get on well together. Your quilting looks amazing...thise orchids are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect Easter - family AND quilting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.