MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Finished!

A couple of finishes in threads and pencils. The Splendid Sampler block 28 by Charise Randell was too cute not to stitch but I decided to needleturn applique this one instead of foundation piecing it. I love this one.
The latest block is all traced out ready to go....a sweet stitchery by our Jenny-of-Elefantz. ..looking forward to it so much.
Oh and I  caved to the grumbles from the Teddy tin, so they're back in the hoop lol! This little girl is Priscilla.
My big finish is my latest art project. It has taken me quite a while.  I love the big cats and I have wanted to draw a pair of lions for ages. Reference photos were difficult.  I  found 2 separate ones on Pixabay and drew them as a pair....shishhhh! The female was too big so I had to draw her smaller.....as I draw freehand it was quite a challenge to get them correct. My poor very patient teacher lol! I have to admit that I really love how they turned out.
I have called the piece "Mr.& Mrs. Regal". Worked in lovely Faber-Castell Polychromos coloured pencils with a pastel background.
When I have licked my wounds with something a little easier I have a gorgeous Tiger that has been waiting for a while....oh I must be nuts lol! So happy though that I am completely crazy! Ok back to my hand quilting folks!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

26 comments:

  1. Michelle - your art work is amazing...your sewing is gorgeous but the art work!!! I think that is so much more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Michelle,
    What a lovely Splendid Sample Block, I would like to sew the specified bag from this sampler blog
    Have a lovely da
    Kind regards Marika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block looks great, it must be such pleasure to sew it. I love your bears and your lions are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow "REGAL".
    Love your SS blocks too. Needle turn and stitching is like comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Mr and Mrs Regal - how beautiful, And love your version of the lovely SS block

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOooooo I love your lions!!! You are so good keeping up with the SS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle love all your work Mr and Mrs Regal is amazing,well done my friend sending lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly so talented 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your big cats! The Splendid Sampler quilt will be so pretty when it's done......and of course the bears, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those lions are just amazing Michelle. They are so realistic. You are such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lions are wonderful! And I can 'hear' the happiness in your voice. Enjoy that amazing talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty dress and I know you will enjoy stitching Jenny's block..
    No wonder you are happy with the drawing of the lions, they are fantastic....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the lions. They are gorgeous. Glad you listened to the bears. :) Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to applique the dress, foundation piecing isn't in my repertoire (yet)..
    Gorgeous lions! Always love seeing your artwork.
    Enjoy your stitching and quilting

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely block and your picture is so great - you do take on some challenges!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. The block you have appliqued looks lovely - far nicer that way I think. Jenny's block is gorgeous - it is one I have on my to do list even though I am not making the quilt. As for Mr & Mr Regal - brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blocks, but the art work WOW. They are amazing, you have such great talent. Thanks for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely needle turn...more in you comfort zone....poor paper piecing.
    Your art is just magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a gift for drawing, just love those lions. Have fun with those Sampler blocks, the next one is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Michelle,

    You have captured the lion's eyes so well. Do you get your artwork framed after completing them?

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michelle, your sewing and stitching projects are great, but those lions! They are stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Michelle, You have been blest with so much talent. I admire all your artwork. It's very lifelike. And then you have your gift of making patterns for stitchery plus actually doing it yourself. Appliqué is not easy to master yet you have done it. It would be wonderful to have you as a neighbor and friend to have tea with on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The little dress block is so cute. You are really getting good at the art work....great work on the lions

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning work with the lions, Michelle. You must have quite a growing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The SS block looks wonderful Michelle,good to hear one of the grumbling teddies is out of the tin!! Phew!! The lions are just stunning you are a very talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Charise's block but balk at the piecing....think I'll do the same as you. Love your quilt coming together in French General!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.