MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 3 - Week of Christmas

Welcome to Day 3 of Cheryll's week of Christmas. You can share your Christmas decorating by visiting and linking up. We would love to see your Festive Fare. I have loved visiting and seeing them all.
Today I have another Plum Purdy design I couldn't resist and had to paint. I have a couple of these and they are great when you have had too much Christmas cheer as they "Show you the light"...literally.
More Ornies from the Memory Tree. This next one is my first ever "gingie" and so beautifully cross stitched for me by my lovely daughter when she was a teenager. So I now have someone to blame for my obsession..
A lovely Christmas Bell made by my now 32 year old Son at school...
Of course being the "Old Country Roses" fan I was very excited to receive this one as a gift. Can you see the delicate gold one there too it depicts New York.
A gift from the Netherlands and I have had many a sweet dream about visiting this place.
A lovely straw Santa from Germany....
I will share some more tomorrow.
Yesterday My gorgeous friend Ann came and had morning tea with my Mum and I for Christmas. We don't exchange gifts anymore but as Christmasaholics we give each other a new ornament for our Memory Tree as we started them together after I read about one. Mine this year is a beautiful Santa with a lovely saying...
"The greatest gift is Love" so true. I never ever get a run of the mill Christmas card either as Ann makes the most exquisite cards.
It is like a star and there is something gorgeous in every section. I have kept all Ann's cards and some get put out again at Christmas time the next year.
Well must fly Mum and I are off to lunch for my Stitching friends Christmas breakup.
See you all tomorrow.
Blessings Michelle xxx




20 comments:

  1. Keep showing those lovely decorations Michelle. Love seeing them all. Lovely ornament from you friend yesterday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see all your wonderful treasures! Of course, my favorite is the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more lovely ornies... have a fantastic day...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collection Michelle..the light switch decorations is cute..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely collection of ornaments Michelle , your tree is lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great lunch, I love the xmas ornament idea and your xmas light switch Purdy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou michelle for sharing your beautiful memory ornaments with us,have fun with your mum today.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh such pretties to look at this morning. Maybe I even drooled a little over the "light switch" helper... such a cutie!
    Well... perhaps a LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ornaments Michelle. I love your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am continuing enjoying all these lovely Christmas displays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, your ornies are magical, especially the tea-pot, and I love the light switch snowman.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely decorations you have Michelle :-) It's so nice to see ones that your children made when they were younger. I'm an Old country roses fan too, so love that teapot. This year I decorated one of my hutches with my OCR teaset, interweaving Christmas bling and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some gorgeous chrismassy things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your decorations are just beautiful Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh some lovely ornaments, is lovely seeing the a,l on the blogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, more beautiful ornaments!
    I love the little teapot :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  17. The light switch decoration is amazing. And I love the Christmas bell made so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your painting is beautiful Michelle and your decorations are very special. Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ornaments that our children have made us are just the BEST. It is nice to see the ornaments that you received from all over.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.