MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, October 7, 2011

Favourite things Friday.

Here we are at Friday again which means it's time for "Favourite Things Friday" with SHAY 
I have had the occassion to revisit some aspects of my childhood this week and one of my favourite experiences was holidays I spent with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins at a pristine spot called Woodgate Beach. We stayed in an old fibro cottage directly across from the beach separated by a very quiet track which constituted a road. There were bonfires on the beach and lots of laughs and adventures.....even my 1st kiss as I got older. We ran wild and free came home for sustance and were off again. I was a constant fixture on the front of my cousins bike as we went off fishing, swimming or exploring and he was and still is a wonderful friend and is lucky enough to live there full time now. Yesterday I got to walk on this wonderful beach again, put my toes in the sea, collect seashells and sit and have my wonderful memories keep me company. I also loved sharing all this with my Husband and we have decided a holiday here in our van is in order. Even though it was a bit overcast it still worked it's magic on me.
What, where or who are your favourites today.
The view from the houses on the esplanade
Many a bonfire was collected for and fired up here and pippies collected and cooked in the fire.
This beautiful beach is the beach of my childhood
Putting my much older toes in the ocean for a paddle
There are still loads of shells wash up on this beach.
If you search just a little way below the surface you will find the treasures of your childhood waiting for you.
Blessings Michelle xx

8 comments:

  1. Michelle another friend of mine has just returned from a family holiday at Woodgate ! I have to admit I've never even heard of it before. It must be a well kept secret and from the photos I can see there are no crowds there. I must go and look up where this treasure is!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach memories sound wonderful! Glad you got to experience it again recently. What are pippies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful favorite .. thanks for sharing your memories. reminds me of a place I used to vacation when I was young..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've been to Woodgate Beach. Unfortunately I don't have very fond memories of our stay there. I was 5 months pregnant, we were camping and the air bed kept on deflating. I was not happy!!!!!! I really should go back again, I'm sure I would enjoy it much more now. Your beach memories sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beach from childhood is a very magical place - we visit mine once a year, and it takes me right back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, written very poetically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful place, an uncrowded beach. Your childhood memories are wonderful. What a blessing to be able to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely memories - and yes what is with the never ending shells at the beach??
    Looks refreshing and clean there, so glad you get to enjoy it still.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.