MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, November 6, 2020

A Finish

 

My Wings and Pretty Things quilt has its binding on and is now complete!

I called it that because of the little winged critters that I love on the quilt. 
Butterflies and Ladybirds....
 Birds, dragonflies and bees....


You can see all the gorgeous quilting from my friend Fiona from BUBZRUGZ.
Her quilting makes this little butterfly look like it is fluttering! There are lots of beautiful quilted feathers.....appropriate I think.....just loved how it turned out!
As you can see I bound the quilt in matching gorgeous red spotty fabric which I used throughout the quilt!
I think if I do have favourite block it's this one......friends come in all shapes and sizes.

I deliberately put all my favourite techniques in this quilt (much to the horror of my friends lol) lots of needleturn applique and English Paper Piecing and little bits of embroidery.


I really loved seeing this quilt go from an idea in my head and scribbles on some paper to this complete finish!  
Would you like to see its very messy humble beginnings?
Amazingly 3 of my close friends have been able to decipher that mess and make their versions as well....lol! Just to keep me company.
Most of my other sewing has been Christmas related and I can't show you yet. But I can show you the little ornies that I have made for my Grandies and yes I know they aren't very Christmasy but it's a little tradition that's just happened....to see what Nana comes up with and its fun! I love to see their faces.
So we have 2 dinosaurs for my Grandsons who are mad about them and  have not outgrown them, I think Jurassic Park is to blame, 1 little black cat called Willow and a pink Christmas Angel.....
Ok thats me signing off....enjoy your weekend!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx







16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful finish. Cute Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your beautiful finish, Michelle - your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful is your quilt as well as Fiona's quilting. How amazing you both are. Of course I love the bird. Also the Christmas ornaments are so cute.
    Can't wait to see your next project. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous finish Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Wings, a very beautiful quilt(will there be a pattern?). Fiona's quilting is lovely. Such cute little ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your finish, it must be a wonderful feeling to go from an idea in your mind to a completed quilt full of your favourite things. The Christmas ornaments are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wings & pretty things quilt is just beautiful Michelle. I love every single thing about it. I am rather taken with your dinosaur decorations & might have to try something similar for my grandsons - they would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty quilt you designed and completed .
    Fiona did a lovely job of the quilting..
    Oh your Granndies will love their special ornaments. Well done Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that is the perfect name for that gorgeous quilt. Such detail on all those gorgeous creatures and Fiona is a wizard at quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wings has turned out so lovely... as you say humble beginnings... so clever you can see it in your head though and I love all the little critters.... How cute and special are those ornies.... perfect
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its beautiful Michelle - I have enjoyed following along with its progress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish Michelle. Congratulations to your beautiful new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just been catching up on all your wonderful posts, lots of lovely projects..... especially this beautiful quilt.....gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks wonderful. It must be great seeing your scribbles turn into a beautiful quilt. Fiona’s quilting adds that extra touch. Well done to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is gorgeous!! I love your little ornies. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely finish on your quilt, Michelle. It is delightful. I like the way you can see4 ideas in your head and then turn them into reality.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.