MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Sunday Stitchers November

 Just typing November seems incredible to me.......

We all enjoyed our Sunday Stitchers meeting once again. 

We had two birthday girls.

Susan.....


And Alison who was my birthday girl.....

This was my drawstring bag to hold the goodies....
As one gift had to start with your recipients initial I couldn't resist an Angel.
Especially a quilting one.
We had a little thank you to Cheryl who through her organisation of getting us together via Zoom helped us stay connected during our Covid lockdown.
There was an orchid inside the bag.
It was also time to help our friend Maria gather sweets for little stockings, handed out to the needy by the group she is a part of ....Knitting for Brisbane's Needy.
It was a great haul...
With our UFOS I am not sure if we have just been so efficient or like lazy me given up on the list lol! BUT......we did have some to share.
Alison topped the list.....

And Susan had completed her Postcards SAL and it is beautiful! 
Linda's beautiful stitchery....
And last but not least Helen and Noreens.....oops! Which has now been adopted by another keen stitcher who will repurpose them.
At least they can smile about it!
I worked away on my Heartstrings project.

All the Dresden plates are now basted to their centre panel and are being stitched down.

Along with a few little hearts appliqued that has been my stitching of late.

We are quite steamy here at the moment and today the mercury again is rising..... causing the early morning walk to be quite a sweaty affair! A storm is predicted for later today.....hoping we get to enjoy the rain and no damage accompanies it.
So I guess Summer is definitely on its way! One lovely thing about living in the humidity ridden subtropics is the beautiful scent of Frangapani in the air at this time of year.....mine is bursting forth at the moment.....love them!
That's it from me ......I have some urgent Secret Santa...ing to complete....yikes!
So I am away....


Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 






14 comments:

  1. Yes I find it hard to believe that it's November already too. Hasn't this year just flown by. All of your friends have been busy with lots of lovely things to share. You are a lucky lady to have frangipani scented walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day.
    Thanks so much for my presents. I love them all. My quilting Angel has special place in my sewing room.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day, Michelle......and yes, you are right, the year is going much too quickly. Here we are half way through November already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful time you spent with the Sunday Stitcher girls.. Lots of lovely projects and gifts..
    Great to have the Dresdans and hearts to work on.
    Good luck with the secret Santa sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birthday girls had some lovely gifts - the Angle is gorgeous. As always lovely work on show and a good time had by all no doubt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a talented group. Such beautiful work. Well done everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always since to read about your stitching get togethers with friend, and admiring the show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gifts for the birthday girls, and wonderful show and tell. Your dresdens and hearts are lovely. Enjoy your secret Santa sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely get together it looks like Michelle - thats great you could all keep in touch via zoom during lockdown. Some wonderful birthday treats there for the birthday girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gifts given and wonderful projects to share. Lovely idea to collect lollies to put together to donate, too.
    Your frangipani looks stunning. I can only imagine the perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I struggled that we are november already too! where has the year gone?
    love projects from the sunday ladies.
    Your dresdens look very pretty and loving your new hearts.
    so enjoy seeing your tropical plants

    ReplyDelete
  12. a great gathering for you all and some lovely work..... happy birthdays to Susan and Alison. love what you made... keep cool...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the girls were really quite productive, despite what you say. The birthday gifts look great fun. I love the fragrance of Frangapani, but you can keep your humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was wondering if there is a pattern available for the quilting angel. She is adorable and I would love to stitch her for my quilting friends. Thanks for any help you can give me. Nola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.