MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Wild and Wooly

 Is how its been in my neck of the woods over the last few days. We have had lots of lovely rain but accompanied by some menacing storms, bringing with them wind, hail and lightning strikes aplenty!

On Sunday our beautiful Honey Gem grevillea was the victim of one such lightning strike which sent a large part of it over our poor neighbours phone and tv lines. Snapping one. Thankfully missing the power line!


It used to look like this....



Our noisy little visitors are going to miss it a lot.....


I think maybe I will have to draw this photo for remembrance.

Sewing has been some secret Santa type sewing....

Playing with those tiny hexies I made.


and at school pickup I have managed a little Heartstrings stitchery.


Amazing how those segments of time add up! The peaceful quiet stitching is quite nice too.

Yesterday I took myself on a date to my local library. It had been closed because of the plague and I had not ventured there since it reopened.  So it was time. They were very well prepared and every precaution taken. 

I have a very nice little pile and one on order.....bliss!



The rain has brought these pretties out in bloom too.

Ok it was pantry gathering day today so I must get back to putting it all away.
Take care, 
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx



18 comments:

  1. It is nice to have the rain but we can do without the destruction. Sweet stitcheries. You have quite a pile of reading there. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous idea for a christmas ornament!
    Poor Grevillea, such pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sad you lost your beautiful Grevillea Michelle. Poor lorikeets will indeed miss it - I notice they are creatures of habit. We missed the high winds but had a good rainfall here over two days, and the grass is greening up again, happily. That is a nice haul from the library, and Hello to the lovely Hippeastrums! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A shame the pretty grevillea was broken but thankfully no one was hurt. The parrot would be a lovely drawing.
    Sweet stitcheries and cute christmas ornie.
    Nice to go to the library for some great books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, it looks like it fell right between the trailer and the car. So happy it missed them, that could have cost a bundle. Love your little stitched sewing machine :)
    Wishing you a wonderful day.
    God bless you,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring weather here in NZ is often wild and wooly too. That's such a cute little sewing machine stitchery, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been wild and woolly here, too - everything but sleet and snow! Such a shame about your lovely Grevillea. We had a beautiful gum tree taken out by a storm several years ago, and I still miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness the lightening didn't hit the house or car or caravan, shame about the grevillia, can you plant another one? Lovely ornament and stitching, how good to go back to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better to be phone lines and NoT a house...
    It certainly has been WiLD to say the least.
    Lovely pic of the fallen tree & it's visitors too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame about the grevillia Michelle ... gosh you have had some wild weather over there. I love all your tiny hexies .. think I saw this on Instagram & thought how cute & teeny it looked. Have a great weekend .. I definately think you should draw that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you told me about the damage but it is still quite confronting to see the pictures. Looks like it was such a lovely tree. But I am pleased the damage can be easily repaired and that everyone is safe.
    I a looking forward to our library opening too. Hope it is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no ...we were so very lucky with the storms...at the bottom of a big hill helps.
    Love your hexies...my Lucy is coming along but so very far still to go. I am starting the Insanity quilt after Lucy...I must be mad they are 1/2" hexues..Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The birds will miss the Grevillea but it will soon send up new shoots I'm sure... your photo will be a lovely picture.... lovely sewing and I see you are taking on a new drawing challenge????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a shame about your beautiful tree! Lovely colourful bird and your tiny hexies are beautiful. Great to be able to get back to the library. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. There sure has been some wild storms around..... Bugger about your tree.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard there were some nasty storms up there and I am sorry you lost your tree. Glad nothing more serious happened. Hope the birds find somewhere else close. Those books will keep you busy. Lots of happy stitching there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Santa hexie stitching. You sure have a adorable visitor there in your blog post. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sad about your beautiful tree. I hope the damage can be repaired soon and some remedial work done in your garden. I love the little stitcheries no have them here ready to start. I think next year will have to include more embroidery. Someone is going to receive a beautiful Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.